Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Qatar Turbine Race Cat Production Begins

Just in, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...on-begins.html
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the New Spirit of Qatar turbine boat racing in the U.S. in 2013. Hopefully they will make an appearance at the St. Clair River Classic.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I think that's awesome they already want to run the shootout and the boats not built! Alot of fans would have like to see gieco run for a long time!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

It doesn't matter which team wins in 2013. If the racing is good and it gets enough exposure, I can imagine another team from the Middle East, namely Dubai-backed Victory getting into it. Why would they let Qatar have all the fun, especially if Qatar kicks Geico's butt? (Not saying that's going to happen, don't shoot me Marc and Scotty.) The nations in the Middle East are extremely competitive with one another.

Compared to what these guys are spending racing in Class 1, with all the international travel expense to some of the most expensive countries in the world, racing here is chump change.

What we lack, let's be honest, is the infrastructure of Union Internationale Class 1. Don't get me wrong, they have their problems, and if you think it's all good over there you haven't talked to anyone involved. But ... it's better. No way around it.

Still, even lacking a cohesive racing organization, there is potential for an international turbine series here. With Qatar getting into the class (and of course they are no guarantees that a year from now they won't change their mind) I am cautiously (very, because this is still offshore racing) optimistic.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance Cosker will start a thread and constantly update photos?
Title: The Birth of a Champion
Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
RL
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having nothing but complete respect for the Geico team, from a fan perspective, this will be great to follow in the interest of good competition.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Any chance Cosker will start a thread and constantly update photos?
Title: The Birth of a Champion
Check his facebook page, that is where he post progress updates.
Dean
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt your right on ,what we need , But a TURBINE boat??? please guess they didnt like mixing it up the with the "little guys" over here. Wasnt the "walk in the park" like they thought it would be. My hats off to WHM and TRASH boy for racing boats that have a clear advantage. They came over here to help biuld a
class and left after after a year .By the time we had it dialed in in ST Clair in 2010 both boats had there hands full. Looks like another wild "trajectory" out of the sport of offshore racing. Should of bought the Reliable boat and came racing. Bet ya there will be a bunch guys willing to come out against that budget... But then again look what happened to their Drag race team.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 03-02-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony it doesnt change just more of the same, race where you can win seems to be the in thing. Like you said it does take much talent to win with that kinda budget. I guess some teams r happy running exhibition instead of heads up racing.
Not sure why you would build a new boat, there are 3 almost new Turbine boats sitting on trailers already that dont race .
Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Matt your right on ,what we need , But a TURBINE boat??? please guess they didnt like mixing it up the with the "little guys" over here. Wasnt the "walk in the park" like they thought it would be. My hats off to WHM and TRASH boy for racing boats that have a clear advantage. They came over here to help biuld a
class and left after after a year .By the time we had it dialed in in ST Clair in 2010 both boats had there hands full. Looks like another wild "trajectory" out of the sport of offshore racing. Should of bought the Reliable boat and came racing. Bet ya there will be a bunch guys willing to come out against that budget... But then again look what happened to their Drag race team.
Mark is that you? Well either way great comment, I wish oso had a like button 4 the comments like Facebook does, haha, anyhow if this is you Mark, it's Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.