PSIRacing and bikini babe runnin to PBN sanbar party >

PSIRacing and bikini babe runnin to PBN sanbar party

Notices

PSIRacing and bikini babe runnin to PBN sanbar party

Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Like we know what 2jz engine is ....I looked it up guys....its a Toyota.....how long long can you run an engine like that at 30lbs of boost?
Longer than the ” common” non-car guy would think. The 2jz can handle big boost and for a long peripd of time. Strong blocks coupled with internals to handle and that's straight from toyota, only gets better with aftermark.

Most common place to find this motor in a car.....toyota supra (it was their factory engine)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I would have thought anyone even remotely interested in big HP street cars would know what a 2 jz was. Those Supra engines can take a crazy amount of boost and power, very robust.

PSI, what are you using to insulate the exhaust housing? It looks like the header and tail is wet... How is the heat buildup situation?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psi
@rchevelle71.....Keep me posted when you guys are planning to head down and maybe we can get a pretty good sized group together...

@baja27....heres the most recent pic of the engine from that weekend....
Will do, we usually make at least one run a summer from Homestead to islamorada, and a few more from caribean club.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
psi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Longer than the ” common” non-car guy would think. The 2jz can handle big boost and for a long peripd of time. Strong blocks coupled with internals to handle and that's straight from toyota, only gets better with aftermark.

Most common place to find this motor in a car.....toyota supra (it was their factory engine)
Thanks for answering Nate 5.0....The motor in my eliminator is based of the 2JZ street version and yes in stock form those engines have been seen to handle upwards of 700-800hp...how long in that case is a good question...my engine doesnt use factory components other then the factory crankshaft and block, actually oil pump and timing belt tensioner is OEM equipment also...the engine has been in my Eliminator for roughly 3yrs and let mee tell has seen some abuse when I had every problem in the book being thrown at mee....You guys will start to see more vids and hopefully she stays together to put on some good shows...

SS930....I did some work on a water cooled Turbine housing but didnt install it, I actually just water cooled the exhaust manifold and tried that 1st to see what changes I might encounter or any loss of performance, which my 1st test ride was the video I just posted with my co-pilot...only difference I noticed was 100 degress cooler exhaust temps but the engine compartment saw a dramatic improvement of heat reduction....gonna keep at, might try a coated turbine housing before i put the watercooled one on and see how that works out...

Heres a pic of the turbine housing I water cooled and actually my street car also!!
Attached Thumbnails PSIRacing and bikini babe runnin to PBN sanbar party-img-20111231-00203.jpg   PSIRacing and bikini babe runnin to PBN sanbar party-img-20111224-00116.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another thing is an inline 6 Is THE engine to use,unless two are connected at the crank V12, then even better.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered

Psi, Beautiful car. I have a 89 targa turbo that I love. I worked for Toyota for 20 years. Iv'e been enjoying Your build. Keep up the great work. Artie
Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

PSI, great build and very impressive #'s! Love to see the different power plants and ingenuity. Keep us posted!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Sorry, I would have thought anyone even remotely interested in big HP street cars would know what a 2 jz was.
Haha!.......no

I would bet at least 75% of the people on this site would not know what a 2zj is.

Congrats to the OP for going out of the box though....
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
psi
Registered

@akaboatman...Thanks...took mee 6 months to finally find the car I wanted and had to fly from miami to atlanta georgia to get it...it has 72,000 original miles and its a 1993...ive been drag racing Toyotas for about 15 years and wouldnt of changed the make for nothing, it was always good to mee

@R Addiction...Thanks, got some different props that im gonna tryin a couple weeks....hopefully will have some good vids up..

@pullmytrigger...yea, kind of know what you mean about the OSO members knowing what that engine is...I really dont announce it much anyways and thanks for the support...
Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Real Slick....keep up the pioneering!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.