Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Seebold is this? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/272243-what-seebold.html)

seebold 236 03-10-2012 10:24 PM

What Seebold is this?

Hi I have a 1988 23' Eagle by Seebold with a 454 bravo 1. I was wondering what this boat really is. From what I have read there were seebolds, seebold eagles and seebolds that were made by emerson i believe. I thought this was a 236 but I can not find any info for a 88 only a 89 american eagle that was a 23', my title says its a v23 tho. but the american eagle sounds like they had a cuddy, all mine has is a carpeted crawl space. The motor and drive all look orginal but from what I have found the 26's had the 454s and not the 23's. I know Seebolds are not popular to start with but this one seams rare. Is this a orginal seebold and what model is it? Any info on what this is would be great, Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...hp?photo=18547

J-Bonz 03-10-2012 11:35 PM

Hmmm, I am not sure. I could look in my files, I swear I have an old Seebold brochure.. Never the less, it should be a fun boat
Jr.

lotopa.com 03-10-2012 11:35 PM

yes it is an original eagle built in fenton by bill seebold

pokerrundiva 03-11-2012 11:16 AM

This is per Jim Agles: I was a Seebold boat dealer from 1985 till they quite manufacturing offshore boats around early 90's. Bill Sr. who founded the company and later changed the name to Eagle by Seebold which was still the same company. He later sold the molds to Emerson in TX in mid to late 90's. Emerson built one 32 which was previously called the Golden Eagle with small blocks in it and never performed well and the only one built by them to my knowledge. The original Eagle Boat company owned by Bill Sr. built a 21' open and closed bow, a 24' i.e. 236 which indicates by the photo of what you have with big block and a Bravo I drive. He also did a couple of open bow versions of that boat. Also built a 265 available with single big block, twin small and twin big blocks. The largest he built was a 32' Golden Eagle available with big blocks and Bravo drives which i believe about 6 were made. Tim still has one at Lake Ozarks and was in charge of manufacturing at Eagle by Seebold. I sold and modified many of all of the models in the midwest, particulary Peoria, IL and Lake Ozaraks, MO. Had a couple single engine 265s with 550 hp motors that ran in the upper 80s. Had a 265 with Merc. 454-365 hp mags just tuning and propping 92 mph boat. Sold the first 32' Golden Eagle that Seebold built, the proto-type, to Phil McCombs in Peoria IL. Seebold built me a custom 32' Golden Eagle - "FunAgler" I put GM crate motors 454-450's, changed cams, Gill exhaust, Bravo I drives, 93 mph. As you can tell, I was proud to be a Seebold dealer and think they were a very high quality boat and fast for their time. Bill Sr. was the first manufacturer to develope the Delta pad and to step a boat. He stepped the outside chine on a couple of 265's for testing. Worked well but back then people were afraid of a fast, loose boat. From looking at your picture, get the bottom paint off the boat, put some power in it and hang on!

Plowtownmissile 03-11-2012 11:59 AM

The real 32' with big blocks is located in St. Louis and has been repowered by 502's. It's owned by an electrician.

pqjack 03-11-2012 06:23 PM

there is a 32 with t/454 cyclones in the montreal area...

seebold 236 03-11-2012 09:14 PM

I am in the process of repowering now, i was going to shoot for about 400hp but sounds like these are fast boats to start with. I dont need a rocket but want it to run good, what kind of HP should I aim for with out overpowering this hull? How popular were the 236's anyone know how many were made?

machloosy 03-12-2012 07:55 AM

Sharp looking boat, I've seen some that looked like Formula clones. Good luck with the bottom paint... It certainly needs to go.

powercat 03-12-2012 10:29 AM

Do you have anymore pictures? That looks almost Identical to a 1988 seebold eagle 21v I had. Red and black, man it was a beatuiful boat but really hot in the summer. That boat hauled a$$, ran 91 with a stock 350 a 142 blower and an alpha ss outdrive. Would love to see some more pictures if you have any.

Plowtownmissile 03-13-2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile (Post 3638665)
The real 32' with big blocks is located in St. Louis and has been repowered by 502's. It's owned by an electrician.

Real was supposed to be Eagle ^