Alexandria Bay This Past Weekend >

Alexandria Bay This Past Weekend

Notices

Alexandria Bay This Past Weekend

Old 06-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alexandria Bay This Past Weekend

Did anybody go? How many boats came? Was it nice weather? Any info please?
Old 06-24-2002, 01:09 PM
wilerty

Friday afternoon was beautiful. Rain arrived about 8PM. Severe fog in the morning with maybe 50 yards visability. About 30 boats participated. The start was delayed untill almost noon and they headed west down the US channel rather than around Wellesley Island as planned. I watched the first and second legs which seemed fine with no rain. They got into Clayton at about 1:45 for lunch. I had to leave after that to get back to Syracuse.

Old 06-24-2002, 01:17 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran in it with a friend. Very disapointed with the turn out of boats. I believe 32 or something. Fog so heavy to start you could not see 30 feet(not exagerating). dealy 1.5 hours. There was the Fountain accident, which everyone seemed to say the "27 with way too much power" hit the 42. He was running fast in some slop as the channell is narrow from the Bay to the bridge and hooked into the 42.
Was a good day overall. Only one leg had a drizzle of rain coming down. Cleared up after lunch and the sun came out for the long leg to Ogdensburg and back. Was a good time, the reception and awards were good. Heard R.O.P.A. had a ton of boats. Speculation was people were not satisfied with the steep entry fee for the early poker run in the 1000 islands. Oh well
Old 06-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ROPA did have a good turnout for our Oswego Powerboat Run on Lake Ontario (considering with the bad weather we'd been having, a great # of people had not had their boats in the water until that day and many still didn't have them ready). We had no rain, or fog, and just cloudy skies with incredibly flat water! We have another great run on Seneca Lake, NY on July 20 and this is always a great turnout, filling up fast. Go to www.rochesteroffshore.com for info. Applications for the general public (aka non members) will be on line by early July. See site for exact date.Our fees: $65 for boat and driver, $35 for passenger. If not a member, you must join at a yearly membership of $35 and an initiation of $20 (one time). People say "why do I have to be a member"? For insurance purposes and you can see the cheaper entry fees as a result. As a member you get a newsletter and we don't bug you, sell your # or email address. You participate (or don't) in the club as you choose.
Hope to see some new faces in Seneca Lake for our Battleship Run.
"The Prez"