Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Never spoil the women with something too big !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27233-never-spoil-women-something-too-big.html)

boot 06-24-2002 12:49 PM

Never spoil the women with something too big !!

About a couple weeks after I met my girl friend I bought an 85 40' formula . She thought that was great !
Then last year I swapped for a 39' express cat .She thought that was great ( at less then 70mph anyway :rolleyes: )!!

Now my cat is getting new motors and I figure I'll do something thoughtful . I went and bought a 16' Cacci Craft ski boat with a 140hp evinrude . I figure any kind of boating is better then none . We go out yesturday ,and she hates it !! IT RIDES TOO ROUGH !! IMAGINE THAT ! And she feels that it's going to sink because it sits so low in the water . Now my girl is a dare devil but whne it comes to little boats , there is no way ! Granted it does look like a surf board with a motor ! SO don't spoil them with big stuff ! There is no turning back !:(

GregP 06-24-2002 01:08 PM

Re: Never spoil the women with something too big !!

Originally posted by boot
About a couple weeks after I met my girl friend I bought an 85 40' formula . She thought that was great !
Then last year I swapped for a 39' express cat :(

I'd sure love to know how you did that as I have a 40' Formula but would glady swap it for a 38 Express Cat :)

-Greg

Iggy 06-24-2002 01:09 PM

Boy, it must be nice to have money.

Sorry, i'm just going through a rough time right now.:(

boot 06-24-2002 01:32 PM

Don't take it as I have money , I don't ! I only buy things for far less then what they are worth and usualy need alot of work . THen I spend all my time working on them . I do everything myself . The last 2 summers I have spent almost evey day working on my boat . It is very comon for me to be in the garage until 1 or 2 in the morning at least 4 nights a week ! Thats dedication ! NOt going to partys or anywhere else that normal people go . I spend ALL my time getting the boats ready to go . Not many people will put that much time in . IF you can, then it's a good deal to buy something that needs works .If not forget it ! I have had about 10 boats in the last 15 years And all together they didn't cost as much as 1 new cigarette with standard power !

DIdn't mean to make it sound like I was bragging about my boats ,just makeing fun of my situation of finaly having a boat that runs but it's too small for my girlfriend to feel safe in after being in my other boat .

Always looking for the deal !!:cool:

dyno 06-24-2002 01:43 PM

going down in size is always going to be trouble!!!!!