24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds >

24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds

Notices

24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds

Old 03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks!

What good is a cat if you can't go over 75mph? I really think its going to be a pain in the azz setting this boat up. (disclaimer: I"ve never set one up) Lots of time looking for the right motor. Lots of time playing with the setup getting the balance and everything just right. Then your going to be looking for the right prop. If it doesn't run right do you make adjustments to the weight or the prop? How is an aluminum tank going to change the balance? The balance on my boat is so precise that switching from cast iron to aluminum heads threw it off. If you screw up and the OB loses water pressure the motor could blow and you'll be back to square 1. Just a lot of work to get the setup right............this forum is full of members with $100K+ boats that porpoise like a dolphin. But if your only going that fast might as well buy a boat with a nice cabin and stock reliable power.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Thanks!

What good is a cat if you can't go over 75mph? I really think its going to be a pain in the azz setting this boat up. (disclaimer: I"ve never set one up) Lots of time looking for the right motor. Lots of time playing with the setup getting the balance and everything just right. Then your going to be looking for the right prop. If it doesn't run right do you make adjustments to the weight or the prop? How is an aluminum tank going to change the balance? The balance on my boat is so precise that switching from cast iron to aluminum heads threw it off. If you screw up and the OB loses water pressure the motor could blow and you'll be back to square 1. Just a lot of work to get the setup right............this forum is full of members with $100K+ boats that porpoise like a dolphin. But if your only going that fast might as well buy a boat with a nice cabin and stock reliable power.
Do those arrows come off your boat and how fast does it go?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ronniels3
Do those arrows come off your boat and how fast does it go?
Ronnie do yourself a favor and check out the three 30 spectre's on these links, two of them are twin outboard asking 39,900 and 47,500 and the other is a twin small block. All three are priced within your budget. These 30 spectres are ALREADY SET UP and can get up and go. Just some food for thought, plus the maintenance on outboards is night and day difference from big blocks. I switched to outboards and will never look back. They start right up and never really give you any problems and those outboards sure take a beating and keep asking for more. Ask around, it's a lot easier to work on outboards then it is on twin big block's in a crowded engine compartment

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/spectre/

http://boats.iboats.com/spectre-powerboats/
Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
Ronnie do yourself a favor and check out the three 30 spectre's on these links, two of them are twin outboard asking 39,900 and 47,500 and the other is a twin small block. All three are priced within your budget. These 30 spectres are ALREADY SET UP and can get up and go. Just some food for thought, plus the maintenance on outboards is night and day difference from big blocks. I switched to outboards and will never look back. They start right up and never really give you any problems and those outboards sure take a beating and keep asking for more. Ask around, it's a lot easier to work on outboards then it is on twin big block's in a crowded engine compartment

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/spectre/

http://boats.iboats.com/spectre-powerboats/
Apples And Oranges? Skater-Spectre Love Your V Tex If's & But's were candy and nut's we'd all have an A boat for Christmas

Last edited by golfmaxgolf; 03-15-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Apples And Oranges?
Well he was looking at a 24 skater so I figured since these were within his budget he might like them as well. Their all cats, apples and oranges? please explain just curious
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
Well he was looking at a 24 skater so I figured since these were within his budget he might like them as well. Their all cats, apples and oranges? please explain just curious
Really!! Their all Cat's ! Suffice to say I See no comparison beyond them both having 2 sponsons
Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Really!! Their all Cat's ! Suffice to say I See no comparison beyond them both having 2 sponsons
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Your estimates indicate $45-50K. For that money I think you could get into a good running 28 skater twin OB. There is one priced close to that in the calssifieds and have seen them get close to that on average in the past. For about $5K over his asking price you could get into my 28 apache with almost brand new 502 motors. Its a very easy boat to drive and I'll put its rough water ability up against the 24 or 28 skater any day. You should also consider insurance. $5K on tanks is probably close to what you'll pay to insure it annually.
I haven't looked at numbers in a while, but if 28 Skaters, that are good running, are 45-50k, I might have to start looking again. The last time I looked, a 28 , in good running condition, was going for 70k plus, but like I said, it was a while ago. I'm very interested now. I hope your numbers are more accurate than mine
Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I haven't looked at numbers in a while, but if 28 Skaters, that are good running, are 45-50k, I might have to start looking again. The last time I looked, a 28 , in good running condition, was going for 70k plus, but like I said, it was a while ago. I'm very interested now. I hope your numbers are more accurate than mine
The 28' Skaters are out there and I also think the Spectres are worth mentioning as well as Motions. Depending on the water your boating on I would get a larger cat than a 24' to 25' foot boat. I have a 25' Talon that is a great boat in its own right, but, limited to 3' chop. A 24' Skater will handle bigger water, but, the 28' Skater and 30 Spectre is a better and safer option than the 24. If you don't have any cat experience the 24 skater as well as others mentioned can give you a false sence of security. It can be a handful for even a experienced driver. I'm moving to a larger cat and if you think you may want to go larger skip the 24' to 25' cats and go to the 28' to 30'. Thats were I'm headed. Get a survey. My .02 cents. Bob
Old 03-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

here is one that was for sale a while back. I don't remember what the asking price was origanlly but it is below 70K now http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42507-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.