Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/272415-24-blue-skater-sale-classifieds.html)

ronniels3 03-13-2012 08:17 PM

24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds

There is a beautiful 24' Skater for sale that is blue all done up with the best of everything with no power for sale in the classifieds for $27,500 on a so so trailer. I called the guy and he said the tanks have to be done. I called Skater and they want $5,000 for the tanks. Anybody know any history on this boat. I am adding up the numbers and its alot. Say I get the boat for $25K then $5K for the tanks then say $15-$20K for used power. Thats like $45-$50K. Not sure its worth it. Give me your thoughts or opinions about this boat.

Thanks

ronnie

speicher lane 03-14-2012 07:23 AM

It was first listed for alot more $$$...my first thought is why would someone go through all the work of the paint and interior and not do the tanks FIRST - especially if it is a known issue in the boat?

There was a nice lil' white 24 that was listed for 17.5-20k (I think) w/o power a short while back - not as fancy of paint but it was listed for a good while before it sold ( only assuming that it finally sold) ...just for a $$$$ spread comparison

ronniels3 03-14-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 3640905)
It was first listed for alot more $$$...my first thought is why would someone go through all the work of the paint and interior and not do the tanks FIRST - especially if it is a known issue in the boat?

There was a nice lil' white 24 that was listed for 17.5-20k (I think) w/o power a short while back - not as fancy of paint but it was listed for a good while before it sold ( only assuming that it finally sold) ...just for a $$$$ spread comparison

Thanks for the info? So I guess youre saying that this is overpriced?

manateemauler 03-14-2012 05:47 PM

I think that was the one i bought gearcases were missing and 1 power was supposed to be
lowe comp. but it was junk the other engine ran 2.4 sold it and the trailer not so great as stated in add
to be perfect you will get what you pay for

spazboz 03-14-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 3640905)

Owner did not know the tanks were cracked until after it was painted. I was the one who noticed it when we were polishing the paint. and installing hardware.

sea2jet 03-14-2012 06:39 PM

I was wondering why the tanks needed to be done being an 1986 model. I know the ethanol eats away at the lining and gums up the fuel filters, but what would cause the tanks to crack?

noli 03-14-2012 08:21 PM

Look in the classifieds section.

a turnkey 24' is selling for 35 kay

Price was dropped tonite.

sunsation96 03-15-2012 09:05 AM

Sad to see such an awesome re done boat with bad tanks... I love this boat but the tanks sound like some major surgery to fix.

Question:
Would this boat be powered with an outboard? Might sound stupid but I seen the hatch and though maybe I/O?

TexomaPowerboater 03-15-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ronniels3 (Post 3640651)
There is a beautiful 24' Skater for sale that is blue all done up with the best of everything with no power for sale in the classifieds for $27,500 on a so so trailer. I called the guy and he said the tanks have to be done. I called Skater and they want $5,000 for the tanks. Anybody know any history on this boat. I am adding up the numbers and its alot. Say I get the boat for $25K then $5K for the tanks then say $15-$20K for used power. Thats like $45-$50K. Not sure its worth it. Give me your thoughts or opinions about this boat.

Thanks

ronnie

Your estimates indicate $45-50K. For that money I think you could get into a good running 28 skater twin OB. There is one priced close to that in the calssifieds and have seen them get close to that on average in the past. For about $5K over his asking price you could get into my 28 apache with almost brand new 502 motors. Its a very easy boat to drive and I'll put its rough water ability up against the 24 or 28 skater any day. You should also consider insurance. $5K on tanks is probably close to what you'll pay to insure it annually.

ronniels3 03-15-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 3641817)
Your estimates indicate $45-50K. For that money I think you could get into a good running 28 skater twin OB. There is one priced close to that in the calssifieds and have seen them get close to that on average in the past. For about $5K over his asking price you could get into my 28 apache with almost brand new 502 motors. Its a very easy boat to drive and I'll put its rough water ability up against the 24 or 28 skater any day. You should also consider insurance. $5K on tanks is probably close to what you'll pay to insure it annually.

I actually like your boat. I got a quote on insurance for $1,200 providing I dont go over 75MPH through Allstate.