Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My friends 1999 32 fountian sunk yesterday at the lake st clair races >

My friends 1999 32 fountian sunk yesterday at the lake st clair races

Notices

My friends 1999 32 fountian sunk yesterday at the lake st clair races

Old 06-25-2002, 06:33 AM
jr

Thats too bad. My boy and I left around 12:45. It was kinda hard keeping a 4 year old entertained. I was at the north end, but never saw you guys. Where were you at? But I took some slop over the transom too. I can only imagine what he was taking on.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jr - that's funny. we left because our 3 year old was getting crabby. when we got there it wasn't too bad, but by the time we left at about 2 with was getting quite a bit rougher I couldn't even lay out on the sun pad anymore
Old 06-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Wow...that's a bad day on the water. Sorry for your loss. The 32 comes with two 1200 GPH bilge pumps...did they both work?

When I had my engines out I sealed the flex hose from the blower to the ridged tube in the boat and secured the flex hose up high. This may have helped a little but I still get some water in too. I've noticed the boats with 502 MPI's, that the rear hatch is shimmed up about a 1/4 inch. (for engine clearance) I have seen some water on the back of the engines which indicates some water is leaking in between the hull and hatch seal.( not enough seal pressure). One nice thing about the water in the bilge...I always have a clean bilge cause it gets washed everytime I go out. I tell people that's Fountain's automatic bilge cleaning system.

Anyway, sorry for your loss...big pain in the a$$. I hope your insurance comp is good.

Gig
Old 06-25-2002, 07:59 AM
jr

Nautigirl, we were on the eastern edge for the spectators. I kept getting dumbass cruisers lumbering through a 150 feet off my bow. We were rolling pretty good, I should have thrown out the rocker stoppers to ease things abit.

We were hauling out at the DNR ramp around 2. There was a fire up the Clinton aways about that time. Anyone know who or what boat went up?

Old 06-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Banned

I hear that there was another 32 with twin 496's that would take on water. The owner sued and got a 35' as the settlement. It seems that the 496 were heavy for the design.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

Default No more 32' Fever

If I remember right, this model was quietly removed from the line-up.

I shared this thread with a non OSO 32 Fever owner- our lake's a little calmer, his pump does run a lot when we're tied up though.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

His bilge pumps were on and working, which was normal for it to pump alot of water out of the bilge, so he wasn't concerned about the pumps kicking on cuz they always do when ancored. I would suggest for anyone with this set-up to re-route the blower vents up high, and seal them real good. An ounce of prevention, can go a long way...

It was an absolutely beautiful boat, all white with the red black and silver lightening graphics, red carpet in the cabin and cockpit, and all white leather cabin. It looks like it may be totaled from all the damage. Motors, drives, all electrical, all upholstery. I'll keep an update going.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

Cattitude is correct...the 32 is gone from the line up. I called the factory to get the scoop on the 32. I have replacement value in my insurance and wanted to know how that would work if the boat is no longer produced. I was told that the molds were still there on site and if someone really wanted one they would make it. They said the reason for stopping production was due to the twin step 35. Once the TS35 came out they lowered the price of the 35 classic. The price of the 32 and 35 classic was very close so sales dropped off on the 32 in lue of a bigger boat for only a few thousand bucks more. Seems to be resonable. I check with my insurance and they said the replacement cost would be calculated from the 35 classic. I hope that's true.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

Unhappy

I'm going with design flaw. I just purchased
a 27 and commented to my sales guy that the
32's all look like they are sinking. He said they
have had a lot of problems, seepage through
the joint at the rub rail, which is always at or
below the water line. I have not had any water
in these vent holes to date. Seems to be a
32 problem, or twin 29. Good luck with all of it.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Not all 32's have the blower holes at that location. I just saw one a few weeks ago about 1992 I think.

Quick Reply: My friends 1999 32 fountian sunk yesterday at the lake st clair races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.