Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat >

Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Notices

Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Old 07-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Cig, I see you read the websites...

Bryan both parties will open at 5pm (free pizza/soda donated by P-Hut beer is by concession). Super Hawaii 40 has info on some scheduled little-kids activities too in the afternoon for those interested in that kinda thing while the boats are running.
As Cig has stated, 10am is kickoff and most will be rallying in the L.C. basin for finishing coffee and yakking on the FRS's like last year around 9:30am. "If" by chance we have to switch to plan-B, start will slide to 10:30am in order to still hit the lunch stop as scheduled (12noon) and start departing there (Marina shores) by 1pm. A little early is fine but not too. Lunch will be poolside with keg at $15 a pop like Smithfield was last weekend. Pool will be available for use...

NOTE: Last second registrations or additional poker hands "will be available" Friday at the pre-run party...
Old 07-30-2002, 08:37 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick,
If any out of towners launch their boat (free) at Marina Shores, they could follow you to the party. Thus get their bearings for the start of the poker run.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

That's right. Plus we've had a minor change (as of last night's final meeting) with the raft-up barge situation. It appears it's too big for the marina docks. BUT! A neighboring marina is offering free dockage to cover the time at both parties. Plus Bay Point says use of open slips for the parties is okay (caveat being, if an open slip has ropes left tied on the dock/pilings, meaning it's owner is just out for a ride and could come back please don't tie up). So things are still good....

Hey Bill, just got word Kevin (33 Scarab), Jeff (35 Fountain), Chris (42 Fountain), Greg (272 Baja), and Steve (29 Baja) will be doing our run as well. Seems the Fountain gig in N.C. won't be puttin' on a show until Sunday. So they will do our run and drive down Sunday A.M. for the race vice going Friday for the whole weekend, since nothing is happening really until Sunday down there.....
Old 07-30-2002, 12:36 PM
wms

Excellent news Rick! This event is shaping up to be an awesome fleet of boats. Can't wait to be there!

Old 07-30-2002, 02:03 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is shaping up to be a great event.

Add one more- Greg B is going to see if he can blow up his motor and I supect O'Leary's Troy will run his new 38 Formula.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Plus the local tv/radio commercials is causing a lot of last minute interest in signing up late at Friday's pre-run party...
Old 07-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to wish you guys the best weather and the best of times at the run !

I am not going to make it . Got my engines back from the machine shop and overnighted the rest of the parts ....
Half didnt' show up .and half of the half that did, are wrong !!! I had planned on doing an allnighter (for about 4 days ) and getting it done . Now I can't even start on it because I don't have the rear main seals or one set of bearings ......

OH well , JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE .......
Old 07-31-2002, 01:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

So, who has the connections with the "man upstairs"? It looks like the weather is going to be great! Cooling down a little, light winds, and no chance of rain. Could'nt have asked for anything better.

If anyone wants to run by Marina Shores @ 4:00 friday we can motor over to LC together.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:08 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Steve, count us in!
My Donzi brother in Crime from Texas arrives at noon, we will be at Marina Shores prior to 4PM, if you plan to return by dark, or will you be staying on the boat at the festivities?
Bryan
Old 07-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I don't know what time I'll be running back to Marina Shores. I don't mind running in the bay at night (taking it VERY easy, of course) but I'm not going to stay real late.

Quick Reply: Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.