Chesapeake boaters - Surprise speed limit in C&D canal

Notices

Chesapeake boaters - Surprise speed limit in C&D canal

Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the update Chuck.

I thought there was a huge no wake sign to the right of the canal heading towards the bridge and I believe there's a 2nd one past the bridge after the basin?????

I remembered seeing the no wake sign and coming off plane but a lot of other boats blowing by me (Cruisers, runabouts, powerboats etc) all the way up to the Inn. There were so many boats ignoring the sign that I felt as if I was doing something wrong myself. I guess I'm just used to the laws in NJ where most bridges we had to come off plane and idle through.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the sign your talking about Frank ... That sign is more of a courtesy than a regulated speed zone or law .

$85 dollars fine for any speed over 35 knots ... better make it worth while it your gonna speed ... WFO !

Last edited by 737jetmech; 03-21-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed limits like that have been in effect down here on the Severn and Soulth rivers for awhile . I try to not speed while on them , no tickets so far . Nice to know what to expect just in case , Thanks

Last edited by notda1; 03-21-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen that sign also Frank and I usually come off plane at that sign. Unless I'm trying to beat an Apache to the slip!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
I've seen that sign also Frank and I usually come off plane at that sign. Unless I'm trying to beat an Apache to the slip!
Even if you beat an apache to a slip he will sneak up and steal the slip anyway when your not lookin

$85 is not much of a deterent, at least the first time.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go C spray, give a full time boater something to work on..... for the good of the sport

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDRegiste.../Assembled.htm

CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN
THE REGULATION-MAKING PROCESS

Maryland citizens and other interested persons may participate in the process by which administrative regulations are adopted, amended, or repealed, and may also initiate the process by which the validity and applicability of regulations is determined. Listed below are some of the ways in which citizens may participate (references are to State Government Article (SG),

Annotated Code of Maryland):

• By submitting data or views on proposed regulations either orally or in writing, to the proposing agency (see ‘‘Opportunity for Public Comment’’ at the beginning of all regulations appearing in the Proposed Action on Regulations section of the Maryland Register). (See SG, §10-112)

• By petitioning an agency to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations. The agency must respond to the petition. (See SG §10-123)

• By petitioning an agency to issue a declaratory ruling with respect to how any regulation, order, or statute enforced by the agency applies. (SG, Title 10, Subtitle 3)

• By petitioning the circuit court for a declaratory judgment

on the validity of a regulation when it appears that the regulation interferes with or impairs the legal rights or privileges of the petitioner. (SG, §10-125)

• By inspecting a certified copy of any document filed with the Division of State Documents for publication in the Maryland Register. (See SG, §7-213)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sneaky Indian!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I doubt they will enforce this, they don't have the man power to enforce the noise regulation that everybody was so upset by last year.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We should all agree right now to get behind the first person to get a citation and mount a full-on legal challenge to the basis and enforceability of the regulation.

In the meantime, how about a grassroots campaign to get a real no-wake zone at Chesapeake City? If the bluehairs can make things happen, so can we.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
We should all agree right now to get behind the first person to get a citation and mount a full-on legal challenge to the basis and enforceability of the regulation.

In the meantime, how about a grassroots campaign to get a real no-wake zone at Chesapeake City? If the bluehairs can make things happen, so can we.
Sounds good Chuck !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.