Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Motion cat rolled at Lake pleasant this weekend....bad crash.... >

Motion cat rolled at Lake pleasant this weekend....bad crash....

Notices

Motion cat rolled at Lake pleasant this weekend....bad crash....

Old 06-25-2002, 07:09 PM
merlin540

glad to hear they will be ok. we all need to think about running big speeds with other people in the boat.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everyone is going to be alright. Way too many accidents this earlier in the season. And you cat owners wonder why your insurance is so high.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

There has been a tremendous amount of accidents this season. but the problem is with this many accidents it isn't just going to affect cats insurance, it's going to be anyone with big power...Now remember big power to the insurance companies is anything that goes over 60!!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I BELIEVE THAT BOAT IS OWNED BY THE ANABOLIC VIDEO COMPANY. THEY ARE THE PRODUCERS OF XXX MOVIES. THAT BOAT WAS BEING RIGGED IN THE FACTORY WHEN I WAS AT THE FACTORY IN DECEMBER. THE 4 PROMAX'S ARE JUST A WASTE. WAY TOO MUCH GAS CONSUMPTION. I WAS TOLD IT WAS MORE FOR SHOW THEN PERFORMANCE.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:39 PM
BlueMoon

Rivergirl - it is good to hear some common sense, but i believe that many DO NOT feel they are exceeding their limits. Plain and simple, a cat gives an "unusually" high "FALSE" sense of security even while it is being pushed beyond it's limits...then that seventh wave theory appears, or something lets loose, or driver is too confident and does something to upset the boat, all in a matter of seconds, without warning!

Old 06-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Registered

Seems to me that people want the Cats for the speed..... I bought one for the speed also..... 38 Scarab 70 mph too 30 Motion 100+... That was my need. I took me well over a month to feel comfortable at 80-90 and soo on.. These boats do not handle anything like a vee . We cannot put the blame on anyone but the buyer.. BUT why do these people buy a boat WAY OVER there head and try too handle them is beyond me..
Next thing to happen is the GOVERMENT will take our CATS away
because of the lack of common sense. We all know testing accidents happen then all wrecks from newbee's kill's me.
Just MY .02
Test, practice, find someone with knowledge on the cats...
Doug

Last edited by eMotiondriver; 06-25-2002 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:14 AM
Blackhawkdn

The problem is with the boat owners. For some reason they think driving a boat at 100+ IS THE SAME AS DIVING A BOAT AT 70 its not, it dosen't matter weither its a cat or a v at high speeds. It takes experience and brains and not dollars.I've been driving V's and Cats for years, they are equally as safe under the same conditions and driver abilities,but then you have the weekend warrior with no brains.

Old 06-26-2002, 01:32 AM
dcbmach26

Blackhawkdn: "I've been driving V's and Cats for years, they are equally as safe under the same conditions and driver abilities,but then you have the weekend warrior with no brains."

Black hawk if you think a 26' Cat and a 26' V are equally safe with the same driver at 100 mph + then you should put yourself right next to the weekend warriors with no brains

Old 06-26-2002, 06:09 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm sorry to have to read about another accident. But I will ask again. "Why is it necessary to make a turn with a boat @ 100mph?" At least everyone will survive... I wish them all a quick recovery...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Registered

Sharkey, I have to agree with you, when I run my boat up around that speed I don't even think about turning. Hope all are well!

Quick Reply: Motion cat rolled at Lake pleasant this weekend....bad crash....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.