Notices

Attn: ALL DOG LOVERS

Old 06-27-2002, 05:54 PM
OutlawBayB

ANYONE!!! My neighbor is dropping him off at the SPCA tomorrow if we can't find it a home. Then 3-7 days later, he'll be euthenized. I would love to have him but simply can not. Any fellow OSO'ers....??????

Feel free to call me at 713.466.5050 if you have any questions.

Thx,
Carina

SHANE-he is not rambunctious, but he is still young and a little playful. Mostly calm. I'm sure he could get rambunctious if you played with him really hard. The other day he chased his tail for about 5 mins!Too cute.

MAGIFLOAT-my dog was doing better til this wknd, now she'll go back on steroids till Monday. Then, she'll be getting her 2 & 3rd shots. I'm not too sure on this b/c she's not eating again, etc......getting real sick. That's why we have to put her back on the steroids. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Old 06-27-2002, 11:59 PM
JGB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btt
Old 06-28-2002, 12:06 AM
JGB
Registered

hi, i am very sorry to hear that. i would take the dog if i didn't already have 2. one of mine is dog aggressive and doesn't get along with any other dogs. it also doesn't help that i am going out of town for a month. I just really hate to think of that good dog being put to sleep. I will ask my friends. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. could i send you some money to run an ad in the paper to find him a good home?

to tell you the truth i would love to save the dog. i was watching your post intently hoping he would be given a second chance. i almost feel with everything so down with the economy and current business conditions that this would have been happy ending to make me realize things weren't so bad afterall. i must have been too optimistic. i am praying for that dog.

I sincerely hope something good can come of this for him, my prayers are with you and him.

hoping for the best

james

Last edited by JGB; 06-28-2002 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:13 AM
OutlawBayB

Thanks for the offer JGB. But at this point we've (the neighbors and I) have to turn him in. He's an inside dog, we've fed him, took him to the vet, bathed hom 2 x's, given him treats, played

even put on REVOLUTION drops on him to prevent any fleas, ticks or heartworms since he's been outside for a week or more.

He'll bark (a little wimpy sounding ) (till he reaches puberty) chase away anyone that comes to any of our houses. But not aggressively cuz he's still a pup. He just barks a little & trots along & some people get scared b/c he's big, they just don't know how friendly he really is.

I've emailed & called everyone we know. We've stopped at all the local vets clinics in our area. We'll post some more flyer this wknd.

I just hate that he is one of the good ones and has a terrible fate awaiting him if noone can house him

Thanks for all your help.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

I know ther are some Pitbull rescue groups out there. I am not sure if there are any in your area, and I don't know if they have to be pure pit to qualify but it might be worth a try. I will check the web and see what I can find.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Registered

If you have Google type in "pitbull rescue". I came up with several list of rescue organizations for pits. You might want to give some a call and maybe they can help you out. Good luck, I really hope you can find a home for him
Old 06-28-2002, 01:48 PM
JGB
Registered

btt
Old 06-28-2002, 05:39 PM
OutlawBayB

HavasuCig-thanks for the help. We've already tried the Pitt rescue and no, they don't "have to be" full blooded. There is a one year!!!!! waiting list. SO,.....someone would have to keep him for a year. That is just not feasible for any of us at this time.

I've called all the parents of my son's tball & soccer teams hoping that someone will want a dog or pass on a copy of the flyer we made fo friends and family.

Old 06-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Email me as I might be able to point you toward someone to help with the placement. Also, have you tried the ASPCA here in NYC? They have branches everywhere and take dogs here in NYC as well.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:57 PM
Registered

There are many groups that won't destroy the dog but foster them in various homes until adopted. We also have a pit mix which looks like Petey from the Little Rascals. They are great dogs and are not agressive unless trained to be. They are very strong and do well in agility trials. She also holds her own against our 105lb red Doberman. You may look to see if you have a group called ARF or a county Humain Society. We got our from Hanover Humain in VA. Good luck finding him a home looks like a nice pet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.