Thunder over louisville, ky?? >

Thunder over louisville, ky??

Notices

Thunder over louisville, ky??

Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TMAN
about how long did it take one way and what speed were you running at? Im sure its a nice ride, I hear you pass some really nice marinia's along the way, Thanks for the info. I did notice the river isn't near as wide up there as it is down here!!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was wanting to this year as well but i have drives all off and engines still on stands.. last year didnt get to casue of the river.. i have always wanted to leave louisville and go to madison for the hyrdoplane races.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

290 I think it's about 110-120 miles or so frOm cincy to Louisville. I have a group of friends who do it every fall, I have yet to participate due to always having an issue that time of year. I know last year they had to drive down stream past 1 of the locks & put in, because the lock was still down from 1 of the doors falling off. Instead of just dunkIng them in cincy!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What's the closest launch ramp to Thunder? I'll be coming from Lexington.

nevermind, looks like the closest is at Cox park off River Rd.

Last edited by TBAG; 04-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 290enticer
TMAN
about how long did it take one way and what speed were you running at? Im sure its a nice ride, I hear you pass some really nice marinia's along the way, Thanks for the info. I did notice the river isn't near as wide up there as it is down here!!
We were in the water by 8.30 am and were back in downtown Cinti. at 11.00 pm stoped a few times on the way down and back just to open engine hatch and check things out. Runnning 30-35 .Ate and fueled up at Captains Quarters. The locks can be a time killer sometime you can get right in or it could take a couple hours. If you have a radio you can call ahead and they will give you a estimated time and you can adjust you speed.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered

tbag, the closest ramp on the ky side is Cox's park, thats where i put in, real nice public ramp, we always overnite after thunder because everything is sooo packed everyone trying to get out. It is about 1 mile up stream from the barge that holds the fireworks.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

tman, I do have a radio and always call ahead, the last couple of years they would have the locks ready for me and i just drive in, several times locked through with a tow, this is at mcalpine here in the ville. Thanks for the info, I will be running at 30mph, i have 130gal of fuel on board, im thinking surely i can make it to cincy in one tank for sure?? Were gonna go out and head that way one weekend. what is the average depth up there, like i said, its not very wide up there??
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TBAG
What's the closest launch ramp to Thunder? I'll be coming from Lexington.

nevermind, looks like the closest is at Cox park off River Rd.

if you drop in there watch to your left when in the boat as there is a pretty big stump its close to the shore and you shouldnt be there anyways but i can picture some one drifting into it with the way the current is ..
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

maybe there is a stump there, i have been putting in there for years and it isn't a problem, the current flows away from it so no problem there,
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 290enticer
maybe there is a stump there, i have been putting in there for years and it isn't a problem, the current flows away from it so no problem there,
its not inline with the ramp loading unloading its no problem its down past it and off the bank 15 ft or so and the current definatly will push you into it if you wasnt watching or didnt see it due to water being high ... all last summer it was noticable just stating that for some one that isnt aware.. also theres a big as stump right in the middle of the river right as you pass heather on the river<seigs> ive never seen it above the surface always a foot or 2 below.. ive missed it by about 5 foot the first time.. just a heads up if anyone never been out there before..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.