Thunder over louisville, ky?? >

Thunder over louisville, ky??

Notices

Thunder over louisville, ky??

Old 04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder over louisville, ky??

Any one in the Louisville area planning on getting on the river for thunder, we are gonna try if the water isn't too high like last year, just wondering?? I know of several people that plan to be out there, thunder is awsome from a boat!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Gold Member

never done it bbefore but been kickin the idea around some myself
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never been but would like to try it anybody have any info drove down today the river looked good for this time of year.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We tried it last year but the river and weather were non cooperative. We ended up watching both the airshow and fireworks from the park along the water.

I'd like to try it again this year from the boat.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

I did thunder for 3-4 yrs straight, never with this new boat, last year..yeah, the water was too high, couldn't launch anywhere, gonna try this year.....
Tman, we are planning a trip upstream to cinci this summer, looking forward to it. How far downstream have you been??
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard s boaters stopped due to fireworks falling onto boats. They may have been to close. With this unusually warm spring it might be a good trip.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 290enticer
I did thunder for 3-4 yrs straight, never with this new boat, last year..yeah, the water was too high, couldn't launch anywhere, gonna try this year.....
Tman, we are planning a trip upstream to cinci this summer, looking forward to it. How far downstream have you been??
We have been to Louisville from Cincinnati and back in one day in a 22 ft Baja it was a long day.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Good luck to any brave souls out there that are considering this. The river has been in really good shape, but just keep in mind that this event brings out some REALLY inexperienced boaters. Make sure you have plenty of fenders, anchor line and patience. You can visit the website PortKY.com for some really good articles about how to approach this event and the challenges that accompany it.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gilltee2
Good luck to any brave souls out there that are considering this. The river has been in really good shape, but just keep in mind that this event brings out some REALLY inexperienced boaters. Make sure you have plenty of fenders, anchor line and patience. You can visit the website PortKY.com for some really good articles about how to approach this event and the challenges that accompany it.
Thanks for the site. If the weather and river are good we are going to try this for the first time.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

like i said, i did it for several years straight and loved it, the boats have to stay WAY back so don't know how fireworks would get on your boat, maybe wind picked up and changed direction, The air show and fireworks are great from the water. If water and weather are good, we're gonna go for it in the new boat!! Hope to see all out there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.