New "My Way" 46 Turbine Skater unveiled at A Bay Run >

New "My Way" 46 Turbine Skater unveiled at A Bay Run

Notices

New "My Way" 46 Turbine Skater unveiled at A Bay Run

Old 06-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK..

Yes, super cat rules require 6 drives, but, how long has the "super cat" class existed? what, maybe 3 years tops?

2nd, I think sorceror is one incredible boat. to be able to make 2000hp out of a reciprocatiing motor and not break after 5 minutes is amazing. has anyone ever heard that thing sitting at the dock. it sounds like john force's race car. i think the boat is just plain sick. i've heard rumors of it running 186 but have never seen anything in print. i just remember seeing it at ganaocque last year. they must have been running the boat very conservatively because i figured they would be way out front but weren't.

the old my way boat i hear ran a best of 168. that was a full pleasure 46' hull, not a race/pleasure. also, the turbines in it were making approx 1250 each on the deisel fuel he was burning in them.

regardless, i agree, these boats are all amazing and a site to watch blow by..
Old 06-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

also, i have to clarify that ive never met, and, have no problem w/ the owners of sorceror. but, i have to give those guys credit and say they definately get the "big balls" award for stuffing 2000hp mated to a 6 drive into a 25 foot Talon. I know i wouldnt want to ride in that thing.. check it out

http://www.sorcererboating.com/Boats4Sale.htm
Old 06-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Canada Jeff
Can someone tell us why MY WAY did not go in the run? He showed up and left shortly after. We all thought because he left the run was canceled for the fog. The owner is my uncle but I havn't talked with him for some time now. Not about to call him up now. Was there problems with it? Hey 388 you seam to have enough knowledge on this thing, why they leave?
Man, they don't ever do the whole run...usually one or two legs and that is it.

I remember being in a 32' Skater with triples at the 1000 Islands Run a few years ago running HARD when 100 MPH was a rarity and looking back only to see a 40' high rooster tail getting closer and closer, then watching "My Way" go past like we were standing still. They got ahead of us a ways and slowed suddenly right before a no wake area. As we idled by it was apperent that there was a problem with an engine. We watched in amazement as the engine hatch lifted and a guy stepped down into the engine compartment like he was heading into the basement of a house! That thing was huge!!