Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pray for Lobsterboy's family   (4 years gone, RIP) >

Pray for Lobsterboy's family (4 years gone, RIP)

Notices

Pray for Lobsterboy's family (4 years gone, RIP)

Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MissG
Augie, I found it for you...

Marc B. Lafleur
May 5, 1968 - April 7, 2012

http://dudleyfh.com/LafleurM.htm

Sounds like it was a horrific accident and I was extremely sad to hear of it.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2-...r-2290452.html

Godspeed, my friend!
Thank You Mama
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it is all done now. The service was short and there were a lot of people present. Monica was doing OK, Matt was stoic and Nick was distraught. I think they will be OK though. I did see Dave Branch and got to talk for a few. Marc will be missed by many.
Attached Thumbnails Pray for Lobsterboy's family   (4 years gone, RIP)-memorector.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Ride the eternal roostertail my friend.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Sad,
I met Marc in Ft Lauderdale in my first years of racing. He was always smiling and full of fun. I just missed him when I moved to NC, and was in Palm Beach a few days ago and live right by the Barrett Jackson Show. Last time I saw Marc was in Key West a few years ago.
He is a great guy who loved life and his Sons. He will be missed.
God Speed My Friend... XO
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Mindi

So sad to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family...
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Our sympathy goes out to the entire family..very sad to have to read this..RIP.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

It has been one hell of a day...........GOD's speed.........WE WILL MISS YOU !!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

rest in peace.a prayer said for him&family.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Our best to Monica and the boys. If there was ever a way for Mark to go out, I am not surprised.
Mark, you crazy SOB, we will all miss you.
I have to share one moment that I still laugh about till this day.
Must have been about eight years ago. He was running a big Cat in Key West.
I saw him head out to turn one like a bat out of hell. Never saw him come back.
Couple of days later I ran into him on Duval street. I asked what happened.
"A small electrical problem, connecting rod came out and knocked the plug wire off."
Every time I would think about Mark, a big smile comes to my face. Just one of those guys.

Love you bro. Smitty
4 years ago,
I hope you are racing WFO in heaven Marc.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy My Good Freind & Neighbor, Marc Lafluer "Tribute"

Hey Everyone. After all these years, I just want to keep Marc’s memory alive and share some memories during these screw'd-up times worrying of Corona-Germs, and watching the demise of humanity.

Has anyone heard or know how the boys turned out, and how Monica is, and Marks father Pierre, his mother Monique all are???????

Could never bear to contact them after I heard the bad news from our old neighbor and Marc’s mom’s best friend who came up to me in a restaurant to tell me about this tragedy back then……..

I was probably the closest to all them, “in proximity & neighbor” to Marc and his parents since they lived only 2 doors down the hall from me in our miserable condo who drove them out back in 2004 and I ended up going Bat’Sht-Crazy over these a’holes. I blame these condo-board-NY-thug-bastards every day, ultimately for Marc’s death and changing the course of his, his families, and many other’s lives here. They would’ve never moved if the condo-board wasn’t embezzling millions of dollars from all of us, and I know Marc wouldn’t have never been in that accident that one fatal day.

There’s not a day that goes by that I look down the hall wanting to see Marc, the kids or Monica come out their apt. and have just one more big BBQ downstairs (Marc cooking of course) and I miss the days of having a few beers sitting around talking cars, and boats with him. He always had a funny story to tell. I often tear-up thinking about that entire families tragedy as Marc was the life-blood of that most perfect family. Still so damn sad for all them.

We were all very close neighbors on our floor, and when Lafluer’s moved out, everyone else left too and there went the neighborhood. But I stayed to fight these condo-bastards for ruining this place and making Laflues move, but it took it’s death-toll on me too after they gave me 2 heart-attacks that I knew was coming even after getting really scared when I heard Marc had problems in those years earlier, and about a year later, I had to call 911 on myself with chest pains.

Anyway

I think it was back around 2003, he came knocking on my door one day, and he asked if I knew how to figure out what’s going on with a off-shore race motor & team he was on. I told him sure, “My Old-Man was a Television Repairman, & he’s got this ultimate set of tools, sure I can fix it!!!!” ~Jeff Spicoli~

He laughed, and I told him I don’t know noth’n about race-boats, but he heard from the neighbor across the hall I was the 3rd guy to figure out what 2 boat techs did who screwed up a restored vintage Boston Whaler with brand new twin 350’s Mag’s and they spent 1000’s with a bunch of guys telling them to keep changing/tuning the props which they thought why the motors would never rev beyond 2500. Took me a week of diagnosing and heat-stroke in the sun, until I convinced them to let me degree the cams and I found out they replaced both cams and were installed 6-8deg. retarded. Marc said, you know enough, and he wanted to bring me on-board with Nick Carter Racing. I know I must have missed out on a lot of good times, but I declined due to a little unknown disability I found out I had that cracked-Marc-up all the time.

I told him, I was down in that boats engine-compartment doing a final tune with these motors and the owner at the helm, when we took on a little wake side-ways down in the Port Everglades, and that was it for me, I lost it big-time…. there’s nothing like the smell of hot-vomit sprayed across (2) 350 Magnums! That’s when I found out, I get sea-sick, and really bad too!

When I told Marc this, he had his Corona coming out his nose and ears laughing at me. After that, I was the punch line to many of his jokes and he never let me live that one down…probably told a few here on the board or out on the circuit about me too.

So if you heard that story from Marc; true story!

Still, Marc was going to introduce me to the scene, and help me buy a boat, but said it’s nicer to borrow and crash a few to get the hang of it all… I was determined to buy one but he and his family moved out of my condo and up the N.C. So that ended my short-lived dream but he said he’d be back in Fl in a few years to help me find a GO-FAST-BOAT, but then I found out he passed from his mom’s best friend who also lived on our floor and moved out. When she told me about Marc in that restaurant, I had tears streaming down my face thinking of the kids, Monica, and his parents, so I walked out balling like I lost the big-brother I never had…..

I sure hope Monica was able to pull thru. She was the perfect woman & cool wife in every way. I hope she found someone as great as Marc and for those boys to have somehow gotten into the whole race-boat-scene as Marc was grooming both Mathew & Nicholas to someday run with the big-boys both on the water and the track…….

I worried so much about how those boys ended up along with Monica after all these years. Mathew must be about 23 now, and Nicholas about 18. I can’t believe they’re grown men.

If you knew Marc, then I hope many of you were able to had the opportunity to meet and hang-out with his family. They were the most perfect non-dysfunctional family that I’ve ever known, and I wanted them to adopt me!!!! I valued all those days (almost every day) we spent together when they lived here. They were like the proverbial Norman Rockwell "Perfect Family" Painting.

Marc’s father Pierre, was a brilliant, jolly and dynamically talented man. I miss hearing him whistling coming off the elevator everyday walking down the hall and always thinking of me by hanging a bag of clams/oysters or the occasional lobsters on my door knob from their Maine Lobster Import Business!!!!! The kindest man I’ve ever known and wished he was my father too. His mom Monique was also an incredible woman who looked like Eva Gabor, his sister Julie was much like mark, all those kids playing in our hall, but most of all, Marc was always there to help if I needed a hand or a kick in the ass over some life-crisis I still have. Even lately, I wish they were here for some much needed help, for my poor mom too. Those days are long gone, and this place I’m now confined too is like my eternal grave among these selfish sadistic self-absorbed condo-people who I blame a few of these condo-creeps on the board that drove the Lafluer's out, and changed their lives forever.

Always think of ya’ bud……and I hope you got the “Balls to the Wall” in a Big-Cat Race-Boat in the sky. See ya’ soon I hope for that eternal ride since I was too scared & regret ever not going out with you down here in S. Florida. I always knew we’d crack a 100mph or some kind of Warp Speed on the open water.........................

Your friend & neighbor,

Chris LaRusse

Toasting a "Crappy Corona" (your favorite) to you tonight in your memory, even though we were an Anheuser-Busch Distributor!

Wishing everyone here and their families to be safe and f' the fashion masks;
dig-out those old used n95's or even better N100's, dust-off the used 'glass, and also be sure to wear sealed goggles, cook the hell out of your take-out, and wipe-down the Corrona's. I suspected all this from a little-bit of former & past Bio-Hazard training and I think Marc is speaking thru me to keep y'all safer than "The Man" is telling us all......

Last edited by Chris LaRusse; 06-26-2020 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph........
The following 4 users liked this post by Chris LaRusse:
badmonkey (06-25-2020), bulletbob (06-25-2020), CT River Baja (08-18-2020), OldSchool (06-25-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.