#1 boat gets beached, #2 'pro' pulls boat off beach, #3 boat rolls and sinks

Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Again...love being here...

Wanted to go fishing last night....
Friend , your avitar is better suited to boat tow us as everyone here could plainly see !!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup..got it
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On this site, we would've assumed this kind of action from Sea-Tow. Surprised that Boat US is on the 'giving' end of this. I hope this is a more isolated incident of incompetence, not the sign of things to come. Boat US has been our standard bearer for towing membership on this site.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

All I can say, is contact industry experts get their input and testimony, and also contact boat us, maybe even Florida state attorney general. I would not take this laying down, and it seems like you won't either. I had a similar situation with a AAA affiliated tow truck damaging my drag car. They admited to the damage being a result of the tow, but said that was because of the car. All it took was one call to my local news outlet after going rounds with the tow company. The next day I received a call from AAA, then a following call from the tow company owner apologizing for the incident and agreeing to pay all damages to my complete satisfaction, so long as I told AAA that it was all taken care of. So obviously their contract with AAA was worth much more than the price to fix my car.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
On this site, we would've assumed this kind of action from Sea-Tow..
Why? Aren't all Sea-Tow franchises individually owned and operated? I don't see how that would be any different from any other towing company when it's all up the local person running the boat.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griswald
Why? Aren't all Sea-Tow franchises individually owned and operated? I don't see how that would be any different from any other towing company when it's all up the local person running the boat.
You obviously have not been browsing this site to any extend over time.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
You obviously have not been browsing this site to any extend over time.
guess not. enlighten me?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Sea Tow exclusively both in the Florida Keys and on lake Travis, over ten years have been towed at least ten time and have had zero problems.Its the operators not the company.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered

Commander,
You were very lucky to have Frank on the shore taking pictures!
I am fairly confident you are required to make sure an incident report is made to USCG. Reliable should, but you're ultimately on the line to follow through. If Reliable says there were no EPA violations, then apparently your Pro Line did not go under. If they say there were no spills and no need to file incident report, I think I would rather be safe than sorry. That doesn't seem to be the way the USCG looks at the regs, after all is said and done, they are their regs.
$1400.00 to restart your two motors seems high and should not be your bill since their negligence put them under water. I don't remember what I have heard paid for restarts, but I know it wasn't anywhere near what they billed you. Likely, they gave you all those prices before they realized the entire world has seen their professional textbook salvage work in a digital slideshow.
What was the name of the "guy"? Sort of regardless, if you think their on-call mechanics are any better than their captains in your fiasco, think about it!
If and when you get it back, be sure to take it to a competent Honda Service Center in the Cape.

Frank,
On one of the many other Forums about this there was a post where a reader says he saw then "dragging" the Pro Line in and they had 3 tow boats. According to the post it was being drug in without being purged of the water (bow was high and motors not seen), thus adding more stress on the boat. The question is; do you have other pictures you did not post? I understand you would not have seen them all the way in, but was their a third Tow Boat at the beach?

ALSO, Frank, you likely couldn't drink all the beers the public might be willing to buy for you , but I can assure you, you will be toasted and honored often for posting your pictures!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

When a salvage award is granted, all of the parties who participated in the salvage service will share in the award based on their participation. In addition, the owner, master, and crew of the salvaged vessel are entitled to share in the award. If the salvaged property is damaged as a result of the salvage effort, the owner may claim that the salvor was negligent. If the court finds that the salvor did not adhere to a standard of reasonable care, the salvage award will be reduced depending on the degree of Negligence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.