Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor? >

Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?

Notices

Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?

Old 06-29-2002, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I bought an old fullsize Ford Bronco with no windows 'cept for the windshield. 44" Mud tires, a strong 400M, and welded spider gears. Wasn't much of a street truck.

It was Rhino-lined inside and outside.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have coated several different things in my four years of spraying urethane. For example.....Jeeps, Broncos, Blazers (all very commone items to spray), canoes, boat bottoms, nerf bars, grill guards, vehicle frames, dump truck beds, show vehicle frames, tool boxes, industrial manufacturing items, tool box liners (for snap on tool box), complete vehicles, and even Cowboy Hats (don't ask).

I'm even thinking about coating my boat trailer with it.

There is an endless market for sprayed polyurethane that people will continue to recognize. Just like Wildfire, more people will think of different items to coat with this stuff.

Remember, ask for it HOT!

Buck
Old 06-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Gumbydammit

Heh, what about coating your johnson with it? I mean, a fade free situation would be great. Not only that, but you never know what kind of bacteria there could be where you put your johnson.
This way, it would be perma-protected, no matter what kind of wet scum it might find itself in.
(Unless you have a Merc....then it does not apply)

Old 06-30-2002, 02:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think twice before Rhino Lining your whole trailer, doing pads where you step or the front edges where it would get rock chips would probably work fine, the problem I see is that if you coat a trailer that has hollow tubes water can still get to the insides of the tubes, the trouble is that the metal inside can rust away and you would never know it was happening because the lining on the outside would still look like new. you would have no warning of impending trouble.
Just my $.02
Caleb
Old 06-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Some good points. My trailer is all channel so I don't have any hollow areas on it. The theory would apply for my axles, but I woudn't coat them anyway.

It would actually be cheaper for me to paint it then coat it anyway. My chemical isn't cheap.

Buck
Old 07-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a guy at the Los Angeles boat show that has a trailer with Line-X on it. The trailer has been coated for five years with extensive salt water use, at there is not a spot of rust on it. Before he coated it he completely sealed the tubes so water can't get inside. He coated everything, even the leaf springs.

He has not washed the trailer at all because he wanted to see how well it would hold up. Looked good to me. He quoted me a price of about $1300 for a 33' trailer. The only things I was worried about was fading, and re-sale.