Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Decisions decisions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/274491-decisions-decisions.html)

Android74 04-15-2012 09:04 PM

Decisions decisions

We are planning to purchase a new 25 v midcabin. We went from 5 boats down to 2. The tremor by shockwave and the nuera by lavey. I have talked to both builders and are planning a trip to test drive. Just looking for advice and or info on these boats.

Raylar 04-16-2012 10:25 AM

My personal expierence tells me the Laveycraft is the way to go. Great hull, great boat, great group of people to work with!
Just what every new boat buyer needs!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

fastdonzi 04-16-2012 02:15 PM

When that Lavey first came out they whooped up on some serious race boats at the races they attended. That is a Very Capable hull that can handle rough as well as fast.

Chestah Cheetah 04-16-2012 02:33 PM

Although the Shockwave is a great boat, I'd still go with the Lavey. The integrated swim platform is a plus and the build quality/service is top notch.

Did you consider the Howard Bullet 25? A bit lower freeboard but a runner for sure.

mwdill 04-17-2012 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 3664947)
My personal expierence tells me the Laveycraft is the way to go. Great hull, great boat, great group of people to work with!
Just what every new boat buyer needs!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

+1
Lavey

Quent 04-17-2012 08:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have had 3 Laveys, the 27 cat bow rider, the 24 bowrider and currently a 2750 mid cabin bow rider. I agree that the Shockwave is a good boat but the Lavey is a great boat. Along with unsurpassed build quality the Camire boys are just some of the finest folks in boating.

You say you are looking at a 25 footer. The 24 would be my pick over their 26. The 24 is bigger than most 25's and rides wonderfully plus it is a great performer. I had an Ilmor 710 in mine and it ran in the low 90's but what is just as good is that with tabs down it would run on plane at 18 mph. There were very nice wake board wakes. Additionally, anyone with just a little experience could drive the boat at any speed.

The 2750 is a different animal, twenty four degree aggressive hull. The 2750 is a rough water performance rig but can be family friendly as well.

PM me if you have any questions and good luck. Quent

Android74 05-03-2012 06:38 AM

Wow guys! Thanks a boatload for the info. I am a river/small lake boater. I am 6'4 with large friends. After looking at many pics and reading many articles it seems as if the tremor has the most cabin room and deck space. Especially behind the captain and passenger seats. Correct me if i am wrong.

TexomaPowerboater 05-03-2012 10:34 AM

I don't think shockwave has a presence on the race course. Lavey is the easy pick. If you want to entertain buy a deckboat or a cruiser. You'll be better off buying a boat that does one thing really well rather than buy a boat that does a lot of things not very good.

Nate5.0 05-03-2012 11:06 AM

How do these Lavey's handle the rough?

I have always tied the Lavey name with quality and speed but also always though ” lake boat”. I will be doing all my boating on the Gulf with occasional trips to the atlantic. I love and prefer a mid cabin....is this a boat I should be looking at?

Current choices

Baja OL
Warlock
Pantera
fountain

Those are the main. I am looking for a single engine 25'-29', that's quick, efficient, and well built for a nice ride.

Android74 05-03-2012 04:28 PM

I read and have watched the performance boat magazine reviews and they rave about teh tremor. I understand that lavey may be a better hull and rigged for open water. What i have read tremor has a great 24 degree step hull that has a roomy midcabin for the wifey and kids and a ton of room behind the driver and passenger seat. I love speed and sound. But, i also need space and coverage during the chilly illinois evenings. Guess we will decide when we head to corona in june for a much anticipated test drive. You guys kick ass. Thank you gentlman.