Like Tree0Likes

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2002, 05:32 PM
mlitefan

Ohh...sorry for the delay...I am trying to pack for a week long camping/boating trip and I just had the shopping experience from hell at Wal-Mart...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:34 PM
mlitefan

Quote:
Originally posted by supercrash
Mlite...revisionist history....?

"The Government of the United States of America is in noway founded on christian values"
-Our Founding Fathers

Don't ignore the facts.
Show me the founding father that said this...I want to see it...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:35 PM
supercrash

Do you have any thoughts of your own.....?

Yes Washington and Adams looked over the treaty and the senate all voted for it , only the third time that had happened...Nobody spoke up against it...You proved my point..

Old 06-29-2002, 05:37 PM
mlitefan

Quote:
Originally posted by supercrash
Do you have any thoughts of your own.....?

Yes Washington and Adams looked over the treaty and the senate all voted for it , only the third time that had happened...Nobody spoke up against it...You proved my point..
Do you read???

Do your homework Crash...you failed the test again...

As I said, you better come up with something better than the treaty or tripoli...Your wooden leg just got snapped...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:42 PM
mlitefan

The treaty was written in Arabic. The Treaty signed by a U.S. official named Joel Barlow was said to be the literal English translation. But Barlow didn't know Arabic!! It had actually been translated by an Arabic court official who clearly corrupted the text in translation and Barlow could have been signing a recipe, for all he knew.

Third, John Whitehead, of the Rutherford Institute, has revealed that , "Treaties and Other International Agreements of the United States of America," author Charles I. Bevans has proven that there actually never was any Article 11!! What is quoted are actually words from a letter written by the Dey of Algiers to the Pasha of Tripoli. Bevans writes:

Most extraordinary (and wholey unexplained) is the fact that Article 11 of the Barlow translation with its famous phrase, "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion," does not exist at all. There is no Article 11. The Arabic text which is between Articles 10 and 12 is in form a letter crude and flamboyant and withal quite unimportant, from the Dey of Algiers to the Pasha of Tripoli. How that script came to be written and to be regarded, as in the Barlow translation, as Article 11 of the treaty as there written, is a mystery and seemingly must remain so. Nothing in the diplomatic correspondence of the time throws any light whatever on the point."
--Charles I. Bevans, "Treaties and Other International Agreements of the United States of America, 1776-1949 (Department of State, 1974), XI: 1073-1074; cited by John W. Whitehead, "The Treaty of Tripoli," (The Rutherford Institute, Vol. 2, No. 1, January/February 1985, 1986), p.10-11.

The fact is, those who have no fear of God have no fear of lying. That is why we must dig further into the writings of the founders in order to expose the utter falsehood of pompous, haughty college professors and textbook authors. They want to make their name and the fastest track to "stardom" in the modern, mindless world of academia is to get some dirty laundry on our founding fathers.

Do your homework crash...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:44 PM
mlitefan

Do your homework Crash...

The Religious Makeup of the Delegates To The Constitutional Convention, 1787

There is a false claim made by liberals and anti-Christian forces in politics and education today that would have us believe that the founding fathers were "Deists" and not Christians. While it is true that some were actually Deists, the fact of the matter is that most were Christian and ALL believed that God and the Bible deserved a preeminent place in government, public education and the home.

The fact is, Deists were not even allowed to hold public office in many states during the time of the Constitutional Convention. [This fact appears in, "Miracle at Philadelphia: The Story of the Constitutional Convention May to September 1787," (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1966), p. 215; quoted by John Eidsmoe, "Christianity and the Constitution," (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1987), p. 41.] This makes it highly unlikely that many Deists were involved in the framing of the Constitution at all.

To demonstrate the absurdity of the claims against the Christian nature of our founding fathers, we have provided the following table, produced by Dr. M.E. Bradford of the University of Dallas, listing the church membership of the delegates:

It is important to remember that in order for these men to hold membership in their respective churches, they had to claim that they believed the doctrinal creeds of that church and/or denomination. All of the Christian churches listed required belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. If any of these men belonged to the church while holding Deist beliefs, that man would have had to swear falsely in the presence of God.

New Hampshire
John Langdon, Congregationalist
Nicholas Gilman, Congregationalist

Massachusetts
Elbridge Gerry, Episcopalian
Rufus King, Episcopalian
Caleb Strong, Congregationalist
Nathaniel Gorham, Congregationalist

Connecticut
Roger Sherman, Congregationalist
William Samuel Johnson, Episcopalian
Oliver Ellsworth, Congregationalist

New York
Alexander Hamilton, Episcopalian
John Lansing, Dutch Reformed (?)
Robert Yates, Dutch Reformed

New Jersey
William Patterson, Presbyterian
William Livingston, Presbyterian
Jonathan Dayton, Episcopalian
David Bearly, Episcopalian
William Churchill Houston, Presbyterian

Pennsylvania
Benjamin Franklin, Deist
Robert Morris, Episcopalian
James Wilson, Episcopalian/Deist
Gouvernor Morris, Episcopalian
Thomas Mifflin, Quaker/Lutheran
George Clymer, Quaker/Episcopalian
Thomas FitzSimmons, Roman Catholic
Jared Ingersoll, Presbyterian

Delaware
John Dickinson, Quaker/Episcopalian
George Read, Episcopalian
Richard Bassett, Methodist
Gunning Bedford, Presbyterian
Jacob Broom, Lutheran

Maryland
Luther Martin, Episcopalian
Daniel Carroll, Roman Catholic
John Francis Mercer, Episcopalian
James McHenry, Presbyterian
Daniel of St. Thomas Jennifer, Episcopalian

Virginia
George Washington, Episcopalian
James Madison, Episcopalian
George Mason, Episcopalian
Edmund Jennings Randolph, Episcopalian
James Blair, Jr., Episcopalian
James McClung, ?
George Wythe, Episcopalian

North Carolina
William Richardson Davie, Presbyterian
Hugh Williamson, Presbyterian/Deist (?)
William Blount, Presbyterian
Alexander Martin, Presbyterian/Episcopalian
Richard Dobbs Spaight, Jr., Episcopalian

South Carolina
John Rutledge, Episcopalian
Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Episcopalian
Pierce Butler, Episcopalian
Charles Pinckney, III, Episcopalian

Georgia
Abraham Baldwin, Congregationalist
William Leigh Pierce, Episcopalian
William Houstoun, Episcopalian
William Few, Methodist

Old 06-29-2002, 05:48 PM
supercrash

Well it's no secret how they felt about religion....look at the quotes....That says it all.....Hell Jeffersons name for the bible was "dunghill"....just look at the quotes to know how they really felt...I could post a dozen right now but I'm busy...look em up , I'm sure you saw them already...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

mlitefan

Best Regards
Old 06-29-2002, 05:50 PM
mlitefan

Treaty of Tripoli

In it (allegedly) Article 11 states that, “the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion...” Most researchers are now aware that this article is NOT found in the treaty at all. Charles Bevans, who wrote “Treaties and Other International Agreements of the United States of American 1776-1959” - The U.S. State Department said “ ‘.....not in any sense founded on the Christian religion’, does not exist at all. There is no Article 11. The Arabic text which is between Articles 10 and 12 is in form a letter crude and flamboyant and withal quite unimportant, from the Dey of Algiers to the Pasha of Tripoli. How that script came to be written and to be regarded, as in the Barlow translation, as Article 11 of the treaty as there written, is a mystery and seemingly must remain so. Nothing in the diplomatic correspondence of the time throws any light whatever on the point.” The treaty, as originally written (1797), contains no such quote. Further, since piracy continued even WITH the treaty and America went to war with Tripoli in 1801, a second treaty was drafted (1806) and again...THAT original did not contain the false quote either.

What was REALLY interesting, was that you CHOSE to omit quotes from treaties that DID reference our Christian heritage: American/Great Britain Peace Treaty (“In the name of the Most Holy and Indivisible Trinity”), among others.

Do your homework Crash...when you stand for nothing, you fall for anything...

Game over...bu bye...

Old 06-29-2002, 05:54 PM
supercrash

I have read that the treaty was read aloud to the senate and that each one got a copy , Do you really believe that they read it in arabic to them....?....and handed out copies of the treaty in arabic....?....No ...the fact is that they voted on it with a unanimous vote....the third time that this had happened......do you really believe that they somehow slipped this by everybody somehow...?...

Like I said look at the quotes....they tell the whole story..

Closed Thread