Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional >

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Notices

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Old 06-30-2002, 06:34 PM
supercrash

That war was fought over my god given right to own slaves...what ...a , couple million dead... ...what a shame...

Old 06-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SC, If you are smart, you will refrain from continuing your pointless assault on our intelligence, but I have a feeling you will not. To everyone else, let SC argue by himself please.
You people didn't listen.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by catmando
Hey chevyharley, it's been raining here too. This is supposed to be North Texas's dry season but it's rained every other day for a month. Better than the usual drought though.

As to the Civil(?) War, I think all three of those things were contributing factors, but why do you want to talk about that in this thread about the Pledge?
Hey Catman, maybe it's just cabin fever. And what 3 things? I only gave 2. But thier seems to be some people on this thread that believe to be knowledgeable in American history. Growing up in NJ I was taught it was fought over Slavery. But living in the south for the last 25 years it appears to me it was fought over STATES RIGHTS. (as in not having a federal goverment telling them what to do). It just makes me wonder because we all know that the men fighting for the south WERE NOT all slave owners. And some of the northern guys fighting WERE slave owners. Just makes me wonder sometimes? You know how history changes when you only get the winners side of the story.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only one thing that seperates Christians from Athiests...FAITH...some day we'll all know who took the right path

until then....HAPPY BOATING!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Playn you are very right as we all will one day find an answer to the ultimate question. Me I am taking the safe path !!
Best Regards
Old 07-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Registered

Playn, I think atheist's have more faith than Christians. Just think, if I'm wrong, all I have done is wasted some time. If they are wrong.......

Dang, and I said I wouldn't post on this thread anymore.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:40 AM
Registered

ABC just aired a commerical(i guess that is what you would call it) that just comes on and states the Pledge, the correct way like it has been. Sounded good.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:22 AM
supercrash

Jim....?????.....????....????

You did more than "Waste some time"....If you are wrong then you wasted your one and only life....da

And I have a feeling that you believe in god but in noway are living your life by his laws the way that he wants you to...

And Jim....the point of the thread was that "our founding fathers , founded this country on christian values"

My post listing the quotes is the H-bomb....

can't take away their own words

And did you guys see me bible quotes...?....If you support god then you support the murder of children and sucklings...how can you guys support this , ....? I ask the same question over and over and nobody can answer this....HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THIS...?I know all about you guys...You support killing kids , killing homos , killing nonbelievers , owning slaves , raping women , and other goodies...See i know ALL ABOUT you killers...I KNOW THAT I"M RIGHT , BECAUSE IF YOU SAY I"M WRONG THEN YOU ARE DEFYING YOUR GOD......oooops....it's a brain wash...DAH

Old 07-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Crash,

What about the fact that you made physical threats against me? You speak with forked tongue. One minute you are "preaching" against violence, but in the next breath you show strong violent tendencies. I don't get it? Which way do you go?
Old 07-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Crash if you don't believe in GOD, why do you let it bother you SOOOOO much that others do believe?????? You have stated in previous posts that it's like believing in Fairy Tales, right???? Is it that much of a threat in your life???? Are you this contemptuous towards little children that believe in Santa???? If you are so sure that there is no GOD, why would you argue so adamantly against something that doesn't exsist????

Quick Reply: US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.