Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional >

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Notices

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Old 07-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Gumbydammit

Hey supercrash, hee is where I jump off your boat.
Billions of years??
heh, carbon dating huh?? Wow, what a really trustworthy test.

Do me a favor. Dont pigeon-hole every Christian into the same tank with the fundamentalist nutcases.

I can explain your little problem very easily. Billions of years Darwins way vs. a few days in the eyes of Christians/Jews? Hmmm, lets see now...the Bible was written for tribal people who had very limited education.
It is all wrtten as such and is a very simple guide that has been trounced upon through at LEAST three languages by various humans through the years trying to make it say what they wanted.

To think that we are the result of a cosmic accident and that nothing set it all in motion is psychotic. Look at your hand. Look at a tree, look at the new Merc fat block with a blower...ummm, I mean a fish. You think it was all just hydrogen, then BANG??

Dude, if you do, try to burn those rocks a little slower. I think you have cooking them too fast.

Old 07-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crash, You seem like a very intelligent and knowledgable guy. You also seem to take pride in trying to tell others what they believe and why it is bad.

It has become painfully obvious that you will never understand what we as Christians believe. You think you do and seem to like to quote the Bible where it suits your needs. I really don't care. I respect you as a person regardless of what you believe or not believe.

I just wish you would do the same. I will even say please, but only once.

Let us please end this thread and get back to boating.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Hey Crash, a little food for thought. We, the USA, are the greatest, most profitable nation on Earth. We are also a Christian nation wether you want to believe it or not. We have been blessed with countless opportunities and favor has been placed in millions of peoples lives. You can live a life of negativity, skepticism, and oppression, I prefer to live one of countless blessings and favor.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Neverfastenuf
Hey Crash, a little food for thought. We, the USA, are the greatest, most profitable nation on Earth. We are also a Christian nation wether you want to believe it or not. We have been blessed with countless opportunities and favor has been placed in millions of peoples lives. You can live a life of negativity, skepticism, and oppression, I prefer to live one of countless blessings and favor.
most preferably on the boat in the summer and on a SLED the rest of the time!
Old 07-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Registered

Sorry, I've been out killing women and children...great job mlite.

I see that SC is still talking out his butt instead of accepting your challenges. I guess that he didn't expect to have someone present "facts" as he always charged.

Then when the facts were presented, it was, "can't you think for yourselves?"

Yes, I can. And I think that you are the most two-faced piece of monkey crap I've ever seen...oh, wait, I'll make that statement okay by ending it with a .

Fossil record?!?! I was just in Glenrose, TX this morning where the Brazos River flows and where the fossilized footsteps of Dinosaurs exist...right next to the fossilized footsteps of a human. How can that be? Dinosaurs and humans were millions of years apart. What really happened was that there was a part of the Bible that got lost...all the Christians killed the dinosaurs.

Do you even own a boat? Because even I didn't have time to stick around here and post this BS all weekend.

You saying you read the Bible is like saying you read Moby Dick...all you would get out of it is that that Ahab guy wanted to kill the whale. There are a whole bunch of Christians out there that actively are trying to kill homos and children aren't there? Hmmm....thats why they fight so hard to be Pro-Life. Most Athiests out there are in support of abortion...they think its okay to kill BEFORE they are sucklings.

All you do when backed in a corner is call us sick f**ks, thats some pretty intelligent debating.

Now I have to go and beat my slaves.

Todd
Old 07-01-2002, 04:41 PM
supercrash

Ya rico...go beat your slave...It's your god given right...

and Pimates and the Dinos never lived together , much less modern day humans...somebody is feeding yoyu some bull....Your ancestors name is Australopithecus Africanus if you care...This ancestor Lead a very hard life just to carry the species on...Then rico comes along and says god made me.....instantly denying Australopithecus his existence...There are bones in your local museum....Go and visit him sometime...and oh ya...one more thing...He is 3 million years old , Wish him a happy birthday...

And the real subject....The Pledge...

If you were to take a Poll in 1953 to CHANGE the pledge , I'm sure the public would be offened by the mere thought...And turn in a 100% for no...But in 54 it was done anyway...

Now in 2002 we are talking about changing the pledge and people are going crazy about it...why shouldn't it be done..

Old 07-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Cat, while we may not see eye to eye, your last paragraph sums up what I am sure many on this board feel and hold sacred. It is unfortunate that too many times we are entangled in the thrawls of heated debates, and we forget that our opinions(ie. faith, politics,BOATS) are just that, OUR opinions. When we are able to respect our fellow mans entightled opinion, wether we agree or not, that is when the we see the most productive and thought stimulating converstation unfold and benefit all involved.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:02 PM
supercrash

Hey Org...8th post uh........ok......

4.5 BILLION years....not million....

Just do a search on Austalopithecus see whats out there...

Old 07-01-2002, 05:12 PM
supercrash

Your point.... no ...I missed it....?...

Our own hubble telescope has seen 13 billion years into the past...THAT IS FACT...The universe is at least that old...

Ya ...I'm winking because your appearance is suspicious...Have you been lurking , or maybe a double agent.....

Old 07-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Registered

Cat, I hold both you and Crash and any others on this board that have different beliefs than me in high regards.

Regardless of how misguided they may be.

Just kidding.....

You two can definitely hold up your end of a discussion.

BTW. I have several close friends that are either Atheist's or Agnostics. Really.

Now Back to boating......

Quick Reply: US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.