Old 06-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

unf%$#ing believable!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

let me guess, has to do with "...One Nation under God..." right? I am agnostic and and do NOT find it the least bit offensive! Why? Because our founding fathers founded this great nation on Judeo-Christian values. To bad we have lost sight of those values. Take the judge, the plaintiff and his attorney and buy them a ticket to WHATEVER country they want to go to! I'll GLADLY PITCH IN! These ****ers PISS ME OFF!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What? I hope you're kidding. But I'm afraid you're not.

That's ludicrous!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:47 PM
TulsaLarry

If you have forgotten the real meaning of the "Pledge of Allegience" you should listen to the "Pledge" as recited by Red Skelton:

http://home.att.net/~poofcatt/july.html

At the end he states what a pity it would be if it were forbidden in school. Well, I agree with Red Skelton.

Old 06-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, it's no joke:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/772714.asp

What a bunch of crap
Old 06-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Registered

Default unbelievable

I've had it with these liberalistic A Holes. I have an American flag flying outside my house, not because it is a holiday, just because it's a new day. I have one on my boat also. These types of people have no respect for the sacrifices of our forefathers and veterans.

In my opinion if you are not going to support the country in which you live, you should not be living there. We have enough enemies in the world and should not tollerate those that will weaken it from within.

Just my 2 cents worth (which be much more if I could express my true feelings - but that would likely get me in trouble).

God Bless America
Old 06-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Registered

I'll place a bet that this will be overturned by the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has overturned The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decisions more than any other Court in the nation.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

A sad day indeed

SAN FRANCISCO — The Pledge of Allegiance is an
unconstitutional endorsement of religion and
cannot be recited in public schools, a federal
appeals court ruled Wednesday.

In its ruling, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a 1954 act of Congress
that inserted the phrase "under God" after the phrase "one nation" in the pledge.

"A profession that we are a nation 'under God' is identical, for Establishment Clause
purposes, to a profession that we are a nation 'under Jesus,' a nation 'under Vishnu,' a
nation 'under Zeus,' or a nation 'under no god,' because none of these professions can
be neutral with respect to religion," Judge Alfred T. Goodwin wrote for the three-judge
panel.

The court, in the nation's first ruling of its kind, said that when President Eisenhower
signed the 1954 legislation, he wrote that "millions of our school children will daily
proclaim in every city and town, every village and rural schoolhouse, the dedication of
our nation and our people to the Almighty."

The court noted that the U.S. Supreme Court has said students cannot hold religious
invocations at graduations and cannot be compelled to recite the pledge. But the
appeals panel said that classroom pledges, regardless of whether a student
participates, are unconstitutional and an "unacceptable choice between participating
and protesting."

"Although students cannot be forced to participate in recitation of the pledge, the
school district is nonetheless conveying a message of state endorsement of a religious
belief when it requires public school teachers to recite, and lead the recitation of, the
current form of the pledge," the court said.

The case was brought by Michael A. Newdow, a Sacramento atheist who objected
because his second-grade daughter was required to recite the pledge at the Elk Grove
Unified School District.

The ruling says the government had argued that the religious content of the phrase
"one nation under God" is minimal.

But the appelate court says it may reasonably appear to an atheist or a believer in
certain non-Judeo-Christian religions or philosophies to be an attempt to impose
monotheism on students.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

If Michael A. Newdow was on one of those planes last 9/11 , I'll bet my a$$ he would have been praying ,atheist or not. It's a damned shame the way this country worries about a few peoples rights , regardless how the rest of us feel!!!!!
I'm one American who's getting a little sick and tired of hearing this $hit! How 'bout you???This is AMERICA love or leave it.
Years ago , when are ancestors came here , they learned the language and customs and became a part of this country. Today everybdy whats to keep their languages and customs from their own country , so why not stay there!
Sorry but that court ruling really tightened my jaws , so now I'll take my soap box and go home. "GOD bless America,if you till have it in your heart!

Quick Reply: US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.