Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who would do it all over again?? >

Who would do it all over again??

Notices

Who would do it all over again??

Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'll never be without a boat so of course I'd do it again. My only regret is that I wasn't introduced to boating sooner.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boating is definitely a way of life and I love my boating life. So many great experiences and some not so good but that's all part of boating and makes for great stories throughout he winter.
I would do it all over again with no regrets.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'll never be without a boat so of course I'd do it again. My only regret is that I wasn't introduced to boating sooner.
Been boating since the middle 50's, Still boating. My only regret is I might not get to boat another 50 years. See you on the water.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered

BajaDan, good point. Not many true " boaters " around me here in inland West Michigan... Many of the people I know who have boats are either fishermen or have an old pontoon to putz around in. But every year the weekend after labor day we have Hot Boat Weekend on Hardy pond (Muskegon River) My first time going was last year and I was blown away... Offshore boats, jets, cats, you name it. Biggest I saw was 43 Black Thunder... The whole thing was amazing.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always said that my dads boat is my older brother. He bought it newish 1978 and I didn't come along until 1983. I grew up on the water and to this day he still skis behind that old boat every night after work. Naturally when I moved out the first thing I bought was a house and the second was a boat. It's in my blood, always has been always will be. My kids love it too so hopefully we will have many more years of fun on the water.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered

Without question I'd do it again. Been on the water since I was 4. My friends joke I brought the boat keys in for show and tell in kindergarten -- its probably true.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I would. Other things just as expensive. I think I spend just as much keeping up snowmobiles then I do my boat. But im not sure performance boating is the brightest thing in the world when you factor in overal function, cost, etc. But I like it, and it is what it is.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
Yes , but i wish OSO would have been around . There is no one around here that knows chit about marine performance . I sure wasted alot of money and time learning what you can and can not do .........don't tell the wife....
+1 on that The Deep.
lessons learned the hard way

Thank you
Jim
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

I would do it again with no regrets
Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I have never lived more then 5 miles (in most cases within sight of) from the Chesapeake Bay or Atlantic ocean my whole life. I have known nothing different and wouldn't know if I would like something else but there is no reason to risk it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.