Like Tree0Likes

CMI headers vs. Stainless Marine Gen III

Old 06-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Offshore Addiction

600 hp and above stainless marine are the dominating exhausts- have used them on numerous vessels. I would recommended them for your application, in fact I have a set with just a few races on them, you may have to have the tail pipes altered depending on transom height. Can save you 30%, wish I would have known you were building one, have a 12:1 510 C.I.D. runs on 104 turn key extra msd parts included, old supervee light motor with couple races on them. I can make someone a hell of a deal or will separate exhausts- call me (813) 249-3049 and ask for me- AL.

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 06-27-2002 at 09:56 AM.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 311 SR1 1987

Hey Scot just wondering I have a 311 SR-1 with TRS Drive 87 Model, I just bought new power and want to change the Exhaust System want to know if you purchased the system directly from cmi and what size is your boat, Thanks for your anticipated help
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Trade Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ferry View Post
Looks aside, The KE Manifold/header is by far the best HEADER, (Full 32" runners) and is manifold TOUGH, (No leaks!) on the market. I have run my set on my HP500 for 4+ years in the Atlantic ocean and have no problems. Plus, I don't have the H2O reversion problem either with my KE's! The only down side is they are not the eye-candy that some people perfer, and they are alittle loud! I put Shotgun III's mufflers on them also, again, with no problems.
Hope this helps,
MD
Ditto
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Since you guys are talking about us I thought I'd chime in.

The KE Header was designed for one thing and one thing only, to MAKE HORSEPOWER! Ever since this header was designed back in the early 90's, we have made the claim that it builds more power than any other system on the market. That claim still stands today.

If you want to open your engine hatch and impress someone with your shiny bling, then this is probably not the exhaust system you're looking for.

BUT, if you want to run head to head with the same boat, equipped with the same power as you, and the only real difference is the exhaust, then the KE Header will make you the winner every time!

Check the comparison in the graph below, the KE Header will always be the one to make the most horsepower and the most torque. That translates to SPEED.

Then when you compare prices you'll also find that it is not as expensive as many of the tubular stainless headers on the market.

You're choice. Performance or Bling, what do you want?

You can check out the details at http://www.keitheickert.com/products...ke-exhaust.htm
Attached Thumbnails
CMI headers vs. Stainless Marine Gen III-dynograph.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
CMI all the way. I bought a set with the "cool collars" and they perform flawlessly. Also I found out a trick that makes them last years longer in salt water apps. On the runner, remove the rear cap and replace them with an adapter and a 1/4 inch hose. Run the hose out of the hull just above the water line thus allowing them to drain automatically after each use. I also think the CMI's have a lifetime time warrenty. Otto

I know this is an old response, salt water is not the death of these headers, its the heating and cooling cycles. You can only make stainless red hot then cool it so many times before it becomes brittle. If you like to take a lot of short blasts then the go with the manifold instead of the header.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

We spend how much on our engines? I say for the few bucks extra go for bling and the power. CMI.
Attached Thumbnails
CMI headers vs. Stainless Marine Gen III-1300-2.jpg  
Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_velocity View Post
I know this is an old response, salt water is not the death of these headers, its the heating and cooling cycles. You can only make stainless red hot then cool it so many times before it becomes brittle. If you like to take a lot of short blasts then the go with the manifold instead of the header.
The heat cycles are definitely a factor but vibration is a key factor too..

For the money we spend on these systems they should last longer than 4-5 years before possibly needing a repairs.... i know guys, who use there boats a lot, who got a leak in the first season. Then rare cases, like yourself, where they last a while. But after 6-7 years they're just about ready for the junk pile..... Plus, If I spend $7K on an enhaust sytem I want it to last and if I pay the $7k, I want some assurance I won't get a leak and drop a valve.

I'm sure the Stainless Marines in my old Scarab are still in tact and have many more years on them. Stainless Marine come with a 5 yr warranty.

Can CMI or Stellings step up to the plate and match the warranty?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPP View Post
Since you guys are talking about us I thought I'd chime in.

The KE Header was designed for one thing and one thing only, to MAKE HORSEPOWER! Ever since this header was designed back in the early 90's, we have made the claim that it builds more power than any other system on the market. That claim still stands today.

If you want to open your engine hatch and impress someone with your shiny bling, then this is probably not the exhaust system you're looking for.

BUT, if you want to run head to head with the same boat, equipped with the same power as you, and the only real difference is the exhaust, then the KE Header will make you the winner every time!

Check the comparison in the graph below, the KE Header will always be the one to make the most horsepower and the most torque. That translates to SPEED.

Then when you compare prices you'll also find that it is not as expensive as many of the tubular stainless headers on the market.

You're choice. Performance or Bling, what do you want?

You can check out the details at http://www.keitheickert.com/products...ke-exhaust.htm
How come the K/E's are not compared to the stainless marine 3's? Smitty
Old 04-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Thumbs up

my stainless marine drys are 13yrs old now
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: 24 Pantera 496HO

Quote:
Originally Posted by articfriends View Post
How come the K/E's are not compared to the stainless marine 3's? Smitty
Yes, some comparison numbers between those two would be interesting to take a look at.