Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT. When is it ok to spank your kids? >

OT. When is it ok to spank your kids?

Notices

OT. When is it ok to spank your kids?

Old 06-28-2002, 07:57 AM
Wildfire

My friends with children suggest spanking prior to them being able to speak. Teach them early - Teach them well. Then, all you have to do is give them the look later in life. Not quite Pavlovian, but close. Plus, if they can't talk, who they gonna tell?

Old 06-28-2002, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's precisely when the pu$$y-ass, liberal, politically correct "go to time out" crowd took over setting child discipline precident, that kids started shooting eachother, raping their teachers, building bombs and generally getting out of control.

A good whack in the ass never hurt anyone, it worked for me just fine. It's he most basic, primal form of respect that a young child can learn.

I've heard it before: Some whiny, snot-nosed punk-ass ten-year-old screaming at the top of their lungs telling their parents "Ya well, I'll just call the cops and get you in jail." That's all kids know today, no fear, no respect.

Kids have no respect anymore...
Old 06-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My daughter got completely out of control once, she was 9 or 10, I decided she deserved a royal spanking. I went to administer the punishment when she started screaming "if you hit me I'll call the HRS!" (child services). Well that made my eyes open and after the spanking we had a long talk about it. She never tried that again.

My daughter never received punishment that wasn't deserved.

When she was 15 her and a girl friend were out shopping and her friend stole a shirt. They were caught and my daughter took the blame for it to keep her friend out of trouble.
On the way back to the car she asked me not to hit her. I told her I had no intention of doing so, this was way beyond that, and that this is something she has to accept punishment in court for. I told her I would stand by her side all the way, but would not do the talking for her. She got herself into this and she'll have to get herself out.
She was sent to Teen Court. This is a program set up for first time offenders of minor crimes. If she was one year older she would've gone to juvenile court. This court is made up of a District Attorney acting as judge and teens, who have been there and done that, as jury. There are teens acting as prosecuting and defence attorneys. Really neat to watch the system work.
My daughter was sentencd to a public apology to me (in front of the court), a 500 word essay on shoplifting, 100 hours community service and two weeks duty on the Teen Court jury. I also had to pay a 200.00 fine to the store.
My daughter conducted herself like an adult. I was proud of her and told her so. She accepted her punishment without complaint and completed her sentence on time. Her police record was wiped clean, there's no "official" record.
As for her friend, since she didn't get formally charged her mother fought in regular court to have her daughter cleared of all charges. She won. He daughter took none of the blame.
We never got along with her parents after that.
I know this was a terrible situation, nothing to brag about.
But I was very proud of the way she handled it and of the lesson she learned.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
It's precisely when the pu$$y-ass, liberal, politically correct "go to time out" crowd took over setting child discipline precident, that kids started shooting eachother, raping their teachers, building bombs and generally getting out of control.

A good whack in the ass never hurt anyone, it worked for me just fine. It's he most basic, primal form of respect that a young child can learn.

I've heard it before: Some whiny, snot-nosed punk-ass ten-year-old screaming at the top of their lungs telling their parents "Ya well, I'll just call the cops and get you in jail." That's all kids know today, no fear, no respect.

Kids have no respect anymore...
DITTO!
Old 06-28-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

My dad whipped our asses all the time, guess we were just too dense to figure out - tease your little brother, get your ass whipped.

Once when my older (2 years) brother and I were fighting, my dad took us out in the backyard, put the gloves on us and made us fight until only one of was standing. When we got told him we weren't gonna do it and what was he going to do about it, he put the gloves on and kicked the sh*t out of the both of us. I think that was the last time we fought or mouthed off. Can you think of a better way to handle a 13 and a 15 year old? There were 5 of us and we all got spanked and we all turned out OK.

And I totally agree that this country started going to hell when they banned corporal punishment in the schools and social services started sticking their nose in for nothing more than a spanking.

PC
Old 06-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Social [dis]services and HRS is a fugging joke
Old 06-28-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

if my brothers and I didnt get a good a$$ whoopin once a week we didnt feel loved. of course when i look at how all the non a$$ beaters turned out(crackheads, drunks,thieves) i am glad that i was raised like that. oh and by the way, my 13 year old son knows the value of going out back and getting the switch that will inflict the punishment.

Rob
Old 06-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

I would get a spankin' when I deserved it. My kid is too little to understand a time-out. I count to three and he knows on three his gets his butt spanked. I spank him when he needs it. I don't like it - but I don't want a brat. Just like Rivergirl said - everytime I go to the store I see naughty kids and the parents don't seem to give a ****. Or they argue with the kid!!! Okay - whose the parent here. Everyone says I have one of the best behaved 3 year olds they've seen. Not to say he can't be a stinker - but he knows he's gonna get in trouble.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Pocket Change
My dad whipped our asses all the time, guess we were just too dense to figure out - tease your little brother, get your ass whipped.

Once when my older (2 years) brother and I were fighting, my dad took us out in the backyard, put the gloves on us and made us fight until only one of was standing. When we got told him we weren't gonna do it and what was he going to do about it, he put the gloves on and kicked the sh*t out of the both of us. I think that was the last time we fought or mouthed off. Can you think of a better way to handle a 13 and a 15 year old? There were 5 of us and we all got spanked and we all turned out OK.

And I totally agree that this country started going to hell when they banned corporal punishment in the schools and social services started sticking their nose in for nothing more than a spanking.

PC
Old 06-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Great topic.

Kids need to be spanked at an early age so that they get a feeling that there are penilties to their actions. Words don't hurt them and won't stop the bad behavior at all.

Kids are always searching for the edge of the envolope. They need to find where the end is. That means a painfull spanking. If the spanking never comes they go farther and farther in search of the punishment.

This ends up in colorful hair or a pierced nose ring with a chain that runs to the earing.

Spank them while they are young. After that a look will do becuase they know what is comming next.

When I see a brat in a store and a mother that is totally embarrased, I always ask her "I bet he was never spanked" The answer is always the same. "We don't believe in spanking our kids". Then look what you end up with.

Long and short. Life will spank your kids if you don't.

Spank with an open hand on a bare ass and then make sure to have a long loving talk after your done. There is a method to make this work properly.

Dr. Anti Spock.

Quick Reply: OT. When is it ok to spank your kids?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.