Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT. When is it ok to spank your kids? >

OT. When is it ok to spank your kids?

Notices

OT. When is it ok to spank your kids?

Old 06-28-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, the offshore boaters here are an ass whipping bunch. I learned to give me kids a warning, if you commit the offense, then you will get the spanking. Can't remember the last spanking they got, give them some fear and they will respect it. I remember growing up and a friend of the family had two little girls that were never physically disciplined and were mouthy. The mother had some silly psychology degree and let the kids reason everything. Now I find out neither graduated high school and one of the girls' where abouts is unknown, could be dead or alive and is strung out on drugs. I think I will stick to spankings.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:14 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Beware of the great unspanked. The will turn out to be lousy adults.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

I think My Ass still hurts from 20 yrs ago .....i was a bad kid
Old 06-28-2002, 11:40 PM
OutlawBayB

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
I think My Ass still hurts from 20 yrs ago .....i was a bad kid

I was a goody two shoes till my mom kicked my ass @ age 14.

I do the count to 3, a couple of times (unless we are in public) a couple of times, then.......bottom &/or time-out.

If we're in public, I only count to 3 once!

Old 06-28-2002, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

9 yr old girl. 11 yr old boy.
They've both been spanked on occasion.
Any time they've crossed the line and ignored repeated warnings, then the spankman cometh.

Before the spank, though, they have to tell me WHY they are getting the spank. They get only one wrong guess free. After that, each wrong guess is another spank.

Example: child repeatedly chooses to play with food instead of eating it. Takes a drink of milk and places the glass too close to the edge. Waves fork around full of potatos. Knocks glass over and spills milk across the table and the day's mail. Mom tells child to go get paper towels - fast. Child says she's sorry but doesn't budge. Mom repeats for child to rush and get paper towels. Child hollers to brother (who is seated closer to the paper towels) to get them. Mother tells child to get out of the chair and get the paper towels now and to leave her brother out of it cause he didn't make the mess. Child talks back to mom and says brother should get towels cause he is closer.
-- enter the spankman --
Child is informed that she is getting spanked. Must tell me why.
.. child answers cause I spilled the milk ..
NO, strike one.
.. cause I didn't run get the towels..
NO. You certainly should have, but that is not the reason. Strike two, now up to 2 spanks.
.. cause I talked back to MOM?
Yep. Come get the spanks then help mom clean.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I like this SpankMan super hero dude. He should visit more homes around the country. I bet those kids grow up to be polite, respectful young adults.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:46 AM
Gumbydammit

I dont think that the kids even knew what that said.
That was setup.

But if you hit your kids, do it on the bottom of the feet.

Old 06-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

RonP

seems to be working. My kids are dang good kids. We joke about spankman but he still comes to my house (just like santa does) every so often. Spankman just happens to bear a strong resemblance to me.

My kids test the limits like all kids do, and they know we will allow them substantial leeway. They also know when they get out of hand, that ifg they continue to push past a firm warning, that spankman comes to call.

I'm not going to watch my kids run over me, my wife, neighbor kids' parents, teachers, or any other person they should show some amount of respect to. I also want my kids to treat other kids with respect, but I get chapped when I see kids just running completely over their parents and then getting told that they "might just have to lose a privilege if they don't start behaving". We've got neighbor kids next door who are always "about to lose a privilege" but never seem to get anything taken away or any privilege lost. Those kids are holy monsters. Cry when they don;t get their way. Lie to get out of trouble. Refuse to compromise. Jeesh.

Those kids know that there is nothing uncomfortable waiting there for them. Nothing to dread. Teachers get run over by kids in school. I see it in the elementary level.

Where have all the spanks gone?
I got paddled in school 3 times in 12 years. I got paddled for doing 3 bad things. I saw others get paddled regularly and if you "took away" the paddling from my school years, I ficure I would have done a whole lot more than 3 bad things through school. Detention? Wooo, you're scaring me.

Show me the coach with that big dang wooden paddle with the aerodynamic holes in it, and I'm gonna reconsider my little deviant plot.

Just KNOWING that dang paddle was lying on his desk kept order within the walls of the school. All that is gone now.

Shame...