Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform >

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Notices

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Can you route them side exit like the old sea Ray pachanga
^^My thoughts exactly^^

The sound of thru hull/transom exhaust is one of the best things about preformance boats.

Last edited by vogepm; 04-24-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered

i have just sent an email to WELLCRAFT hoping that they can tell me if this is a problem they faced before and see how they solved it , I know the boat is over 20 years old but they should have some info on it .

IF i go thru the props for now i could still eventually find a permanent solution in a different way and i would not be doing any irreversible mod to the boat.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

will taller risers fit under the hatch?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Your "mechanic" is not all that smart from what I'm reading. Plenty of boats are set up exactly the same as yours. Fountains 29-35' sit the same way in the water. There is no reason those engines should suck in any water under normal conditions. The only thing you have to worry about is a wave slamming into the back of boat or reversing too fast and no engine builder will warranty damage from that anyway.

I still say the Shotgun mufflers are you best and least expensive solution to eliminate the possibilty of a problem.

Last edited by Griff; 04-24-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Diego9040
the exhaust on this boat is very close to the waterline and my mechanic urged me that he will not be responsible if the engines take some water and get ruined , please help !!!
would an exhaust diverter (silent choice) help ? or internal flappers? or longer risers? anybody had this problem?
I have the rubber flappers on mine for 9years no prob. But I don't have the weight of a second engine. I'm sure that everything is stock on mine and I can't tell that a valve cover has been off of it. I've also had a buddy or two of mine back me down a steep ramp and launch me and never let me get it started. I've also had it on holiday weekends on Loto with big waves slamming under the swim platform with the engine off no prob.

Dan
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
will taller risers fit under the hatch?
Unfortunately not , i can't even put a 3 inch spacer , thought about changing the hatch though.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Your "mechanic" is not all that smart from what I'm reading. Plenty of boats are set up exactly the same as yours. Fountains 29-35' sit the same way in the water. There is no reason those engines should suck in any water under normal conditions. The only thing you have to worry about is a wave slamming into the back of boat or reversing too fast and no engine builder will warranty damage from that anyway.

I still say the Shotgun mufflers are you best and least expensive solution to eliminate the possibilty of a problem.
Griff,

I will look into that option thanks .
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would agree with Griff about your mechanic if your flappers are in good shape & positioned correctly you shouldnt have any reversion issues. Even slowing down rapidly creating a backwash was never caused me any problems except with my eliminator, the backwash would come over the swim deck & flush the bilge because of the air vents in the back but I cured that by turning rt or lft & letting the backwash go right on by. I dont know what the mufflers Griff mentioned cost I would go that route before running twin big blocks thru the prop. If ya cant hear em why have em? just my .02 Randy
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

if anything install new salsbury flappers..and just to inform you,,the corsa captains call will dump the water back into the y pipe if water were ever to come in from the tips,,should have left them in the boat..

going out the side of the boat with out mufflers will make the exhaust super loud!! i installed some emi's and emi captains call on a friends aeroglass and dumped it out the side and for a stocker is sounded like a 800 hp motor,,i think we broke 45 mph but it sounded bad ass..
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you use a ramp ofter get the drive in the water then start the motor to give you back pressure. Went from 4 inch risers on my fountain to 9 inch risers. The swim platform on the fountain is like a big funnel when the boat slides off the trailers it just jams the water in towards the exhaust. I also had a reversion problem with the HP500's which was part of the problem. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.