Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform >

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Notices

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Water line will be way lower this way
Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend has the same boat (even color) and he's been running the factory 454's for the last 6 years he's owned it with no problems. His tips are low but still no issues.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered
Gold Member

^ fantastic idea Diego hope everything works out well for ya!!! I think another 500pounds will bring that transom up and the boat will run better!! Good luck bud and keep me updated.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

I have the same boat with 454's too. I am running a tubular swim platform and Stainless Marine exhaust and haven't had an issue yet with water. I do cringe every time I come off plane though.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gregga
^ fantastic idea Diego hope everything works out well for ya!!! I think another 500pounds will bring that transom up and the boat will run better!! Good luck bud and keep me updated.
Hey,Greg, how are you?

I do appreciate all your help thru out this process and would love to see you soon up in Jupiter,
Old 05-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bm250r
I have the same boat with 454's too. I am running a tubular swim platform and Stainless Marine exhaust and haven't had an issue yet with water. I do cringe every time I come off plane though.
My previous 454's had vortec heads and probably didn't have the right cam .probably too much overlap,don't know exactly what went wrong.

Now I have Power Source Distributors out of Miami,guaranteed in writing that I won't have the water issue plus 1 year warranty parts and labor.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

I am going with Dart Iron Heads and Edelbrock air gap intake plus MSD ignition, i am considering doing stainless marine manifold and risers, for an additional $4000 minus a credit that i would receive from engine builders (credit for stock manifolds and risers). Any thoughts on this ? should i stick to the regular iron manifold and risers (big diff $$$) worth it ??

thanks in advance