Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Had a great time at the Poker run for Special Olympics (Lk St Clair) >

Had a great time at the Poker run for Special Olympics (Lk St Clair)

Notices

Had a great time at the Poker run for Special Olympics (Lk St Clair)

Old 06-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Had a great time at the Poker run for Special Olympics (Lk St Clair)

The run was great , there were twice as many boats as last year
We only got wet once( in the morning) and then it rained as we were having dinner.
Here are some of the boats:
Tomcat
47? Outerlimits with triples
42 Fountain (patriot graphics)
38 Donzi supercharged
38 Top Gun supercharged
38 PowerQuest
a few 90 mph Fountains
(2) 32 Sunsations
288 Sunsation
Huge cat (Magic)
(3) 31 Scarabs
A few big cruisers
and my little 26 Scarab there were more but I can't remember them all.
I had the smallest boat there ! I did run it HARD and I think I surprised a few people
There was an unfortunate incident on the way to the last stop, we were running in some pretty snotty conditions and I hit a cruiser wake (78-79mph) and ended up hooking the boat , and my friend Bill (32Dominator01) broke or bruised his rib I do feel very bad for that. But we were ahead of the Donzi and the PowerQuest
Overall I think everyone had a great time and helped the Special Olympics and the same time, I didn't get a total on how much money was raised though.

Throughout the day I checked the GPS for my max speed. Early in the morning in calm water, full tank of gas and four people it ran 77.8 then when the water was a little rougher and 3/4 tank of gas it ran 80.7 which is a new record for me. There was the one reading we got that said 85.1 but I have know idea how that happened. I sure would like to use that last number though

Hopefully once I get the nosecone on I can pick up another 1-2 , that would be sweet ! Although I don't think this boat should go any faster, just read my signature.

Last edited by 26scarab; 06-27-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Aces & Eights

Talking I think you need a bigger boat....

Hey what's going on?

You forgot to mention the 38 PQ we were riding in, ( I think their were 3 there?). We had the black helmet on top..
We were just ahead of you when you hit that cruiser wave, We got the serial number off your prop if you need it...

That was a good run, we all had a great time. Especially at Jacks with all the bikinis around by the pool...

Kevin

Old 06-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chuck, glad to hear there was a good turnout. My neighbor was there in his 30 chaparell villan with a pair of warmed up 454's, he said the same thing, had a great time, and was really impressed with the serious boats that entered. He took a ride on the poker runs magazine 32 sunsation and was really talking about the freighter wake launches, and the great job of driving it the guy did that took them. Like all of us, he was in awe of 46 Tomcats skater, and Chuck he did say you got em good, and your boat sounds great, and you run it well. Hope your friends ribs are ready for more fun soon. I went to the tin fish last night, and nick was there in the yellow 32 sunsation, he had a smile and sunburn to prove the good time he had as well.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 06-27-2002 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

Glad to hear the run was good Chuck. Congrats on your new top speed. I'm glad nobody got hurt too bad when you hooked it. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. No broken bones, just a broken seat.

What run was it Chuck. I want to go on one in a bad way but my little, slow boat isn't going anywhere near a Poker Run.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
If I had a bigger boat then I would have to make it faster than this one to get the same thrill factor
How bad did that look when I hit the wake ? We all saw it at the same time but I admit I was running to fast for the conditions. My mistake , you were ahead of us. I thought I raced one and went by it.

Rob ,
I remember that Chapparell , we were all commenting on how good it ran. I was at the Fish last night too... I did leave around 8:30-9:00. I was really tired and wanted to get home at a decent time.

James,
Where have you been ? I tried to call your cell earlier. Did you have a good time at Jobbienooner ?
You should go on the next run with your boat, it really isn't a race just a good time.

Last edited by 26scarab; 06-27-2002 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

I'll give you a shout later Chuck.

Jobbie Nooner was a blast. Actually the whole weekend rocked. I was figuring I'd see you at the races on Sunday, or Metro or Muscamoot. I ran into Bill a couple times. Where were you? The next run if July 17th? Give me some more info about it.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"really isn't a race".... bull pucky Chuck. you got testosterone don't ya.......

seriously, truth is all can still have fun in the poker runs, fast or slow... the start is the best. the adrenaline from the anticipation is something else!!!

You guys should plan for our August 7 SEA100 poker run. Milord, there will be many slower boats, you'll be in the front with the rest of us diehards!!!!

$30 per person, includes a great burger dinner at Goral Gables again. boat owners go free, they contribute their time/boat/and fuel.

Last edited by Rambunctious; 06-27-2002 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

it was a good time for a great cause was nice to meet alot of lake st clair folks. Tom