Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OL vs Fountain Single Engine Vee Challenge (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/275706-ol-vs-fountain-single-engine-vee-challenge.html)

Boomer35 05-03-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 27Fountain (Post 3678210)
Watch Your Back is a 525 boat and it can still put up those numbers

watch your back is a stripped down race boat with "enhanced" motor and a wilson custom lower, the difference in the lower alone is good for 3-4 mph...

stock 600 29' fountain runs low 90's mph.... thats comparing apples and apples, OL has it by 10mph

WildThing47 05-03-2012 08:20 AM

OL will win...I agree, fountain performance marine...until they build a boat...

Fountain no longer builds boats...and this isn't some one off race prep setup...it's a boat you can just order and buy, put the power in, and go 100mph..that's impressive..

I'd rather see hustler...

Gladhe8er 05-03-2012 08:20 AM

Somebody needs to step up and order an OL29 SVL and then we can see what's what!

Spiderman 05-03-2012 08:35 AM

Somebody needs to step up an order a SKATER 399 VEE. Single Engine..........More than 10 feet longer on the bottom,,,,,,,,FASTER and Less Money............Pete has developed the most advanced bottom in this world............. I know because it has been copied ...

WildThing47 05-03-2012 08:39 AM

Has one of those skater vees actually put up any serious numbers, because last I heard, they did "real funky **** over 120mph"...don't jump on me for this, but I haven't heard of anyone running anything big in them....I just see them forsale...

Nate5.0 05-03-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 3678344)
Somebody needs to step up an order a SKATER 399 VEE. Single Engine..........More than 10 feet longer on the bottom,,,,,,,,FASTER and Less Money............Pete has developed the most advanced bottom in this world............. I know because it has been copied ...

Only issue I see with that boat (in my eyes) is that when shopping a 29', single engine boat (which personally I am). Is that I am shopping this particular boat, size, engine, is cause I want to tow it behind my daily driven truck and bring it dock to dock without having to get a tow rig.

A 39' (no matter how fast and pretty) is just too much boat to do that in.

WildThing47 05-03-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by nate5.0 (Post 3678360)
only issue i see with that boat (in my eyes) is that when shopping a 29', single engine boat (which personally i am). Is that i am shopping this particular boat, size, engine, is cause i want to tow it behind my daily driven truck and bring it dock to dock without having to get a tow rig.

A 39' (no matter how fast and pretty) is just too much boat to do that in.

+1

kreed 05-03-2012 09:37 AM

If 2 boat are about the same size, weight, power......then its a race to see who has the faster hull design. Thats a fair race.
If the OL is in "pleasure trim" and still competes with a race boat, just makes it that much cooler IMO....

Gladhe8er 05-03-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by madhatter42 (Post 3678347)
Has one of those skater vees actually put up any serious numbers, because last I heard, they did "real funky **** over 120mph"...don't jump on me for this, but I haven't heard of anyone running anything big in them....I just see them forsale...

I have heard the exact same things. Skater builts one of, if not the nicest cat. Vee bottoms - not so much.