Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ???? >

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Notices

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Simple convert NG to liquid Fuel !
Yeah, the euro's use a product they call 'AutoGas', which is a mix of 60% propane and 40% butane. I always figured if they could do that, running on natty should be easy enough... I remember about 10 years ago one of the guys I was workin' with told me he converted his euromobile to AutoGas for around a grand. They use basically an over-glorified bbq gas canister and a specialized fitting to refill at the gas station.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billpor930
Besides the speculation, Obama is the major reason for the high oil prices. One of his big constituent bases is the tree hugger group, read Sierra club, these idealogues don't care how much oil costs - their goal is to get us to stop using pertoleum and high prices is their solution. Obama has said in the past that he wants oil prices to rise to force us off petroleum. He doesn't care that many of us heat our homes with oil and those prices go up the same as gasoline. Now since an election is upcoming he is acting like he is trying to bring prices down, don't believe it, if he gets re-elected he will absolutely revert to his previous stance. Hopefully he will be defeated.
I've done a 1 hour 30 minute Interwebz search and could not find any evidence of the President wanting oil prices to rise, but maybe I missed something. Have you got a link to a quote from him to that effect?

As to his defeat, if the Repubs had not started wars against women, First Responders, old people, students and children, they might have had a chance at the White House in 2012. But they don't.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C5Steve
I read somewhere a few months ago that there is speculation that POTUS has made a deal with the Saudis to flood the markets in late summer to drive the oil/gas price much lower so it does not become a political issue for Obama during the election. In-turn Obama has agreed with the Saudis in the beginning of 2013 after he wins re-election to drive the oil price to heights that we have never seen before (think $6-8 a gallon). Then big O can continue his tirade about follicle fuels and how we got to become energy independent and he can push his Green Agenda and waste more of our money on funding his projects that do not work.
A big point you are also forgetting about the increase barrel prices of oil is not only speculators but the Obama admin printing money out of nowhere which in-turns drives down the purchase power of the USD on the world markets. Back in 07 when gas prices were in the $4 range, the price of a barrel of oil went up to $144 per barrel..... now it's bouncing around $102-$104 with about the same price to us at the pumps. If we let Mr Obama get into office again IMO we are Doomed!
Now back to our regularly schedule program.....
sounds like the sauties would be cutting there own throat . 6 to 8 dollar gas no one will buy .. hum obama . bush , really do people really think they run this country ???
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Yeah, the euro's use a product they call 'AutoGas', which is a mix of 60% propane and 40% butane. I always figured if they could do that, running on natty should be easy enough... I remember about 10 years ago one of the guys I was workin' with told me he converted his euromobile to AutoGas for around a grand. They use basically an over-glorified bbq gas canister and a specialized fitting to refill at the gas station.
There is this :
http://www.shell.com/home/content/in...s/gtl/process/
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
I've done a 1 hour 30 minute Interwebz search and could not find any evidence of the President wanting oil prices to rise, but maybe I missed something. Have you got a link to a quote from him to that effect?

As to his defeat, if the Repubs had not started wars against women, First Responders, old people, students and children, they might have had a chance at the White House in 2012. But they don't.
Why Do you LIE ?? Cat wrong again , To this day the Arabs laugh at how the Democrat Carter got played on Iran ,Like I say every evil on earth has a Democommie behind it , They gave the whack Jobs an entire Country , Iran , Now the Axis of world terror and little Bath house Barry Obama is in neck deep with the enviro Nazis.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you need to convert the natural gas to a liquid? I thought the butane / propane AutoGas product was gaseous but still worked in a conventional combustion engine.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Do you need to convert the natural gas to a liquid? I thought the butane / propane AutoGas product was gaseous but still worked in a conventional combustion engine.
But who wants a big tank of gas at 3500 psi with them , when the liquids work fine.

Last edited by Steve 1; 05-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

Why Do you LIE ?? Cat wrong again , To this day the Arabs laugh at how the Democrat Carter got played on Iran ,Like I say every evil on earth has a Democommie behind it , They gave the whack Jobs an entire Country , Iran , Now the Axis of world terror and little Bath house Barry Obama is in neck deep with the enviro Nazis.
Where did I lie?? You didn't address either of the points I made, you just started ranting and raving which makes you look like an idiot.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
Where did I lie?? You didn't address either of the points I made, you just started ranting and raving which makes you look like an idiot.
WHAT ?? The War on Woman Lie!! First responders LIE and how about the Half Trillion that the Resident failure stole out of Medicare ? I left out the war on hydrocarbon's by the marxist punk.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Angry

Here ia A big Problem , we are supporting these Nazis ,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

=

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.