Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's pretty funny when...... >

It's pretty funny when......

Notices

It's pretty funny when......

Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the only ones with strait through holes and big blocks and its always fun to start them when people are not paying atantion. I have not tried added some fuel to the new boat.

I do know i liked the way my 454Mag sounded betterthen compaird to my 496mags. that 454 had a hell of a lick to be a stock motor.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

After I startled a guy in the boat behind me and he spilled his coffee all over himself I started warning people that looked to be unaware of these boats.

Revving the motors at a dock and making a racket just turn people against us and make it easier to push through noise laws. It's real funny until your state passes a noise ordinance and the water cops hassle you to no end like here in CT now. I encountered a few marinas that wouldn't even let me berth there because of some inconsiderate dickheads. We're our own worst enemies at times.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always try to warn people, but a few have still jumped even with the warning!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Smith Mountain lake Run last year. We had the Fountain backed into the slip. I decided to start the motors to put a little heat in them prior to the run. Folks were walking around on the dock, and I assumed most, if not all were boaters since it was a poker run. Apparently their were some that were not boaters, and had just walked down to the dock to see what all the activity was about. I always have an eye on the oil pressure gauge when I start them so my back was to the dock. My friend that was riding with me told me that a woman almost jumped off the dock, then covered her ears, and ran back off the dock cussing the whole way.
If you were standing directly behind the boat when it fired and werent expecting it, those 700's would get your attention.
Can't wait to see how people react to the sound of those 250 egg beaters this year!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I was in Port Aransas with my old boat a few years ago and we were at Woody's dock getting ice and such and when we went back out, there were some people who were just wandering around and followed us out to my boat. Several friends also had their boats, but I fired up first. It scared one woman so much that she jumped back and lost her footing and fell off the dock into the water. She was hot over it and let me know all about it, while the other people that were with her were staggering around, still on the dock laughing their butts off. The last thing I heard her say...to her husband I guess was...you think its funny...wait till we get back then we will see how funny it is.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

HAHAH Yea Love it right out of the 5" CMI BIG TUBES they jump!!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skydog
HAHAH Yea Love it right out of the 5" CMI BIG TUBES they jump!!

+1...and it doesnt matter...you just cant help it from laughing.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pslonaker
+1...and it doesnt matter...you just cant help it from laughing.
Hahahah for sure buddy like a bomb boom!! Lol
Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

An Apache with big Lingenfelters with 5" exhaust backed into a shop will make you jump, even if you know it is commin. God I loved that noise.

But honestly the horn on a 70' Hatteras was 10 times worse, really bad when you did not know it was gonna happen. First time I ever saw 5 guys hit the deck, then all get up screaming at the guy for doing it.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

We have locks to transit from Lake Washington to the Puget Sound. When you go through at a low tide you get lowered
20'+ feet into a hole so to speak. Awesome sound effect to say the least.
I took my Gfriend to the Nationals for her first time. When a Top Fuel Car blipped the throttle in the pit she launched 3' back and landed in some guys arms. Hey, WTF!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.