OT: "The Athiest and the Bear" >

OT: "The Athiest and the Bear"

Notices

OT: "The Athiest and the Bear"

Old 06-27-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OT: "The Athiest and the Bear"

An atheist was walking through the woods one day, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 8 foot grizzly bear
beginning to charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes.

He looked again and the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw to strike him.

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

Even the river stopped moving ...

As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around,

"You Deny My Existence For All These Years, Teach Others That I Don't Exist; And Even Credit Creation To Some Cosmic Accident. Do You Expect Me To Help You Out Of This Predictament?

Am I To Count You As A Believer???"

Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light and said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?"

"Very Well." said The Voice.

The light went out.

The river ran.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

.... and the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive."

Old 06-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

.5!
Old 06-27-2002, 11:11 AM
supercrash

Rico , lighten up...RT posted a funny joke , laugh a little , and at least I posted 3 smileys for his joke , You and hi-perf only stunk up this thread with bashing...at least read his joke and respond to it..like Sydwayz did...

BTW , rico , I will add your name to the list of name callers

Old 06-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Supercrash and everyone.
I just feel compelled to respond on this one. I posted up a few smilies because I thought it was funny; as a joke.

SC, your smilies are appropriate, but I hope you can see that your comments are off-color. This is a free county at the moment, but this board is not about off-color remarks. Nothing else like that exists on this board.

RT, maybe you can just delete the the thread, and repost it, and no one will poop in the punchbowl.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:32 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WHO CARES????

SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST IGNORE HIM IF YA LIKE, YOU GUYS KNOW HE IS OFTEN OFF THE WALL SO READ HIS POSTS IF YA LIKE...???
IT IS AT YOUR OWN DISGRESSION.....

BTW, I GIVE IT A .5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Default Re: WHO CARES????

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST IGNORE HIM IF YA LIKE, YOU GUYS KNOW HE IS OFTEN OFF THE WALL SO READ HIS POSTS IF YA LIKE...???
IT IS AT YOUR OWN DISGRESSION.....

BTW, I GIVE IT A .5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said.

And a couple of for the joke.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally posted by supercrash
Rico , lighten up...RT posted a funny joke , laugh a little , and at least I posted 3 smileys for his joke , You and hi-perf only stunk up this thread with bashing...at least read his joke and respond to it..like Sydwayz did...

BTW , rico , I will add your name to the list of name callers
RT knows me better than anyone else on this board...he knows that I appreciate a joke more than anyone (This one rates a .25, sorry). I didn't want to "poop" on anything. 4 kids died 2 days ago here in Dallas in a bus crash as they were on their way to "church camp." I don't appreciate making light of that kind of situation. Making a hurtful comment is not justified by placing a " " after it.

BTW...with regard to your "list," are you going to put me in "Time out" too?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:50 AM
supercrash

No time out for you...my bad..

Old 06-27-2002, 01:00 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Crash.....ya know what......I've grown to the point in my life where I actually look forward to your views.......

It reassures me of how lucky I am...........
Old 06-27-2002, 01:36 PM
supercrash

Thanks Shorgasm...That means alot coming from a guy with his schlong pierced....

Quick Reply: OT: "The Athiest and the Bear"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.