Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out >

Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out

Notices

Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out

Old 06-28-2002, 10:49 PM
dloftis

Default Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out

I'm shopping for one, and need to know how much under MSRP I should expect them to haggle down to.

If you don't mind sharing, just let me know how much under MSRP you paid.

Thanks a lot!

Old 06-28-2002, 11:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got close to $6000 off a 2001 V-10 Limited last June and just bought a new 2002 F-350 PSD, CC, DRW Lariet for $5500 off list.

They should be doing some more finance specials here at model year end. Also got 0.9% on the X.

Not sure where you are located, but you can call Dennis Wise at All American Ford in Mocksville, NC. I have found that they cut right to the chase. This is a small town dealer that usually has a great truck inventory. Their inventory is a little low right now.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first step is to know what the dealer paid for the vehicle. Use Edmonds to price out the vehicle you want.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/ford...ize/index.html

Normally you can buy a vehicle at a 100.00 to 500.00 over true invoice unless it is in short supply. On rare occasions you can get the dealer under his invoice price. There is a 3.5% holdback money which dealers find to be sacred money but will use to move a particular car. As long as you are buying the truck with no trade in you can just shop for the best deal. Be careful on financing. It is another way a dealer can make up the difference on the super deal they just quoted you.
Happy shopping,

Dan
Old 06-28-2002, 11:22 PM
OutlawBayB

dloftis,

PM me @ [email protected]. I used to work for a local ford dealer in town. I can get you almost to invoice, maybe $100-$500 over or maybe even below invoice. AND I can tell you what to pay or not to pay for accessories.

Carina

Old 06-29-2002, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold back is 3% not 3.5%
Old 06-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

Default Excusion Hunting

Hey how are you making out with the excursion hunting. I'm also looking for a good deal. I have a quote for a 02 with ultimat limited pac. diesle for 41k (?) good or not I'm in PA.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

The Ford dealers in Texas get greater package discounts.
You sould look for a vehicle that has these listed on the window sticker.
I saved an extra $750 buy buying my Excursion in Texas. Also
paid about $7000 off sticker on a 2002 4X4 psd Ultimate No Bounderies
Old 06-29-2002, 10:40 AM
OutlawBayB

Default Re: Excusion Hunting

Originally posted by Boss 69
Hey how are you making out with the excursion hunting. I'm also looking for a good deal. I have a quote for a 02 with ultimat limited pac. diesle for 41k (?) good or not I'm in PA.
ASK to see the invoice!! That's the only way you'll know for sure. I would never pay more than $500 over invoice and cost (maybe 10%)for my accessories, but that's b/c I've worked at dealers for @ 8 yrs till now. Tell them you'll pay $100 over invoice,& see what they come back with. You make them the first offer, if they don't take it & come back w/ $1000 over invoice. You then have the opportunity to go to another dealer and say, if you give it to me for say $500 over invoice, we got a deal.

THEN, work out all the other differences, trade, rebates vs financing (always go for the financing.)

Beat them up on the destination charges ($500), yes they can take it off. You should be pretty much at invoice after you do all this. Oh yeah, accesories are marked up anywhere from 50% on up. Check around first. (you can bargain on the accessory $'s as well.)

Good Luck!

Old 06-29-2002, 10:42 AM
OutlawBayB

Default Re: Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out

Originally posted by dloftis
I'm shopping for one, and need to know how much under MSRP I should expect them to haggle down to.

If you don't mind sharing, just let me know how much under MSRP you paid.

Thanks a lot!
Hey Dustin!
Anothernote...it's not how much UNDER MSRP you paid BUT how much OVER INVOICE!

Old 06-29-2002, 11:22 AM
dloftis

Hey Carina... you've got MORE mail

Quick Reply: Ford Excursion Owners: Help me out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.