Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer >

Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Notices

Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Old 06-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS... if that does work, do what I did... get a job and move a thousand miles away for the nearest relative. Foolproof indeed!! No weddings, baptisms, birthdays, graduations, aniverseries... nothing.

BT
Old 07-01-2002, 12:33 AM
Registered

Evening update

Somebody please just F'n shoot me. It's my F'n house and 'they' have to tell me how to run my F'n affairs. It's bad enough that I had to kill two weekends driving them around instead of boating, but do they have to tell me how to F'n BBQ now. Jesus Crist just kill me now and get me out of my misery.

What was Gods intent with making in-laws? Why do they have to visit?

HELLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 07-01-2002, 08:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AAAhhhh...but you see it was not God's intent that we have in laws. When we were made we lived in caves and carried big sticks. Had you found your mate then you would have simply walked in, kicked the dad's ass, taken a poke at mom, and then walked away with your prize, Simple. Even up until a hundred years ago by the time we were twenty and had some cash coming in, all the parents would be dead-lifespan was only 40. But now, everybody lives longer and we have all these old coots that think they saved the freekin world or something(WW2) and they DEMAND that we do what they want us to do

The only consolation is that we live in a time where most of us can look forward to about 60 good summers after we find out about boats and we can spend 10-15 years retired and enjoying our slow ass trawlers before we croak. And we have a chance to piss of our kids cause we'll never show up at all these stupid weddings, graduations, etc........
Old 07-01-2002, 08:43 AM
jr

Oh, how I can feel your pain. My inlaws are country folk, not that there is anything wrong with that. But all they want to do is sit and either watch westerns, or fishing shows. ARRGGHH!! The good thing is that they live 250 miles away. The bad thing is they live 250 miles away. We have to make the occasional trip up there and sit in a sun baked un-A/C house watching westerns and pickling in cigarette smoke in the summer. In the winter we get to watch westerns and pickle in cigarette smoke and watch the 10 inches of snow they get each day. They think all my vehicles are 4x4's because of the boat. But in reality it so we can get the hell outta Dodge when its time to go home regardless of weather. When they come here, which is 1 trip in 5, I'm trapped and stuck leading my father-in-law around like a little kid that isn't yours. My wife uses me a bait, to distract her dad so she can do something with her mom.

Remember is your are getting married, you marry the parents too. And your wife will turn into her mother. Just food for thought.

Old 07-01-2002, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by jr
Remember is your are getting married, you marry the parents too. And your wife will turn into her mother. Just food for thought.
And if that isn't the most brutally-honest fact, I don't know what is...

It's true and scary. I feel for you guys.

I'm getting robbed of an otherwise perfectly nice weekend in late July myself by being forced to entertain the outlaws for three days. Fortunately, they live in NJ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

I feel for ya!

I was suppose to be going to Chester Town, MD for the long weekend of the 4th. Pulling my buddies boat down and staying with someone who just go a new 33 ft Formula. Two weeks ago she announced her parents are having a party on the 6th. She said I could still go....right. I'll be living on my buddies boat after that.

Staying home for the 4th!
Old 07-01-2002, 10:57 AM
jr

Default The art of "wife-speak"

Boatshopping, you have mastered the art of reading and understanding "wife-speak". You must be married awhile. I always love how nothing is more important than the last minute event bomb that gets dropped on you, five minutes before you walk out the door. Or you hear the car in the driveway and the trunk slam as they are pulling their bags out for a visit. Then you get "Oh, didn't I tell you my folks were coming for the weekend?".

Old 07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Default Boy, i'm lucky!

Man , I guess i have it made!
Inlaws have 3 dogs so they can't leave them alone becuase they fight when no ones home...Hehehe
They smoke, we don't...so we never visit.
We only see them on Christmas! Which they smoke up our bathrooms...but this winter thier smokin asses are in the garage!
Life is good!

Last edited by Back4More; 07-01-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Ya, What is up with those geezers and their smoking! My mother in law bugs the hell out of me with her cigs. It's not bad enough I have to smell it, then I have to listen to her hacking up a lung all day.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:40 AM
jr

Run for the hills if you pull up to the perspective in-laws and see this.
Attached Thumbnails Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer-redneck.jpg