Notices

25 outlaw 675 sci help

Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Maybe someone can help, my boat stopped throwing water ( not sure what this is called ) spits like a out drive motor, part of the cooking system, any I noticed there was very little coming out, im took the rubber hose off and there was a little piece of debri, looked almost like bamboo,shaped like a pencil erraser, I removed it and water is now flying out of ther, however, my water temp is running hotter now at idle, at plain it fine. Any ideas what this might be?
My bud had the same problem last year in his 236.
He has the low water pickups on his outdrive and picked up dirt and some small pebbles that went into his fuel/water pump whatchmadigger that he picked up beached on the San Jac river down near you guys. He had the same symptoms as your having.
It was an hang upside down into the bilge pain in the ass to replace.

Congrats on the new boat we'll have to look for you guys the next time were down that way.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I sure hope its not that, I flushed it pretty good, will know tomorrow, thanks for the info!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

You shouldn't have a fuel water pump you have efi I remembered my 99 had low water pick up on that year bravo it was a one year blunder for getting clogged up the next year merc went to dual pick ups on the bravo back flush the drive from the transom plate down with the boat out. Also back flush you coolers oil and power steering they can get debri blocking the passages. About low 90s that's tough maybe high 80s I had 420 mega lower dual quads Merlin heads all portend and polished the whole motor was done my Dyno was 770 hp if I remember right after months of buying props ant testing I got it up to 96-97 at around 5900 rpm 6 poundsthe 28 out of the box ran very good I tried two different hydro motives a26 and27 it ran 92 or so but I was still playing with the pulleys and carbs. Talk with the guys at whip pile and get the motor where it needs to be as far as rpm and boost then try and get the right prop to keep it there even try a 26 out of the box props are lab bed for specific boats so a lab bed 28 could be cut down to run a little better then a reg 26. I let merc racing do my props on my cig and they have been right on the money with all my changes.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

dustin is very helpful,but for obvious reasons,hes reluctant to talk about the sidemount,as this kit,as good as it is, is kinda ''obsolete'' for them...they have no parts left,but im sure he can still help you out with your set-up
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for all the help, i'm not sure how to flush, other than the hole drilled into the drive, the pick UPS have been all tapped shut!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by tony stamis
You shouldn't have a fuel water pump you have efi I remembered my 99 had low water pick up on that year bravo it was a one year blunder for getting clogged up the next year merc went to dual pick ups on the bravo back flush the drive from the transom plate down with the boat out. Also back flush you coolers oil and power steering they can get debri blocking the passages. About low 90s that's tough maybe high 80s I had 420 mega lower dual quads Merlin heads all portend and polished the whole motor was done my Dyno was 770 hp if I remember right after months of buying props ant testing I got it up to 96-97 at around 5900 rpm 6 poundsthe 28 out of the box ran very good I tried two different hydro motives a26 and27 it ran 92 or so but I was still playing with the pulleys and carbs. Talk with the guys at whip pile and get the motor where it needs to be as far as rpm and boost then try and get the right prop to keep it there even try a 26 out of the box props are lab bed for specific boats so a lab bed 28 could be cut down to run a little better then a reg 26. I let merc racing do my props on my cig and they have been right on the money with all my changes.
Think you can walk me through back flushing, coolers,oil and power steering, I have no clue, how this is done, and I know I sucked up sand...

Thanks a lot, I very much appreciate it!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Thanks Tony, i think I'm going go buy a 28 no lab and try it, or maybe borrow one, I have crap for tabs but looking at getting bigger for sure, these stock ones are junk.

That a sweet looking boat ! What ind of speed do you think I can get once I'm set up right, I was thinking low 90s
You need to try a 28 labbed , with only 4-6 psi of boost you will have a hell of a time turning much more if your redline is 5400, low 80's is realistic. Don't concentrate on trying to keep the boost at 4 psi either unless you are trying to run midgrade gas or something, Smitty
Old 06-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
You need to try a 28 labbed , with only 4-6 psi of boost you will have a hell of a time turning much more if your redline is 5400, low 80's is realistic. Don't concentrate on trying to keep the boost at 4 psi either unless you are trying to run midgrade gas or something, Smitty
Yeah going to try a 28 for sure, I heard non lab out of the box, the boat has hit 84 on gps in UT with the 26, that was at 4500ft, I have since put a bigger pulley on SC and going to change the prop, was hoping to see about 86 to 88, Ive been having a few issues, my oil pressure drops when I'm at about 60mph to 20 sometimes dopa lower than that, when I throttle back it instantly comes right back to 40, and my boost at idle is getting up to 150-170, on plane about normal at 130-135, was always around 130 at idle before, I sucked up ome junk I think that is what's causing the water temp to be so high, the oil pressure has been doing that since bought, if I don't get on it the oil is pressure us good, my other water gauge show about 10psi and should be at 30si, I have no clue how to back flush everything except the outdrive.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I run 93 fuel all the Time ( should I run something different ?) just not sure how to correct the issues Im having. Thinking possibly I messed up the impeller, but the oil pressure is confusing!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been having a few issues, my oil pressure drops when I'm at about 60mph to 20 sometimes dopa lower than that, when I throttle back it instantly comes right back to 40.
I would check your oil pressure with a different gauge to make sure you are gettiing correct readings,, if you are you need to find out why your oil pressure is dropping RIGHT AWAY,I would not run it at all like that.
20lbs or less at that speed spells broken engine very quickly..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.