Bruce let me down - BIG TIME >

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Notices

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 07-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce is a really nice guy. Proably one of the nicest, most likeable fellows out there. It's just that he's in over his head and he can't get out.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

That seems to be the general concensus - he's a nice guy who knows an aweful lot about boats/engines. But he maybe just isn't such a great business owner. It happens, but MAN would it suck to not have my boat. I'd be furious.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive been reading the posts re Bruce for a while now and in no way am I gonna try to take his side for his recent behaviour, nor do I think what is happening to you guys is right, and if it were me I'd be pissed too.
However I heard some disturbing news reguarding some very serious medical issues he's going thru, and from what little I now about him, my feeling is he doesnt want to lay it out for all to know, I may be way out of line for bringing it up, but what I was told wasnt in secrect, and all my personal experiences with him have been positive, and maybe we should cut him a little slack and see if he gets things worked out. After all, even tho his business practices have gottn him in a bind, I dont think he intentally set out to screw anybody. I'd just try and get my stuff back, and move on.
Just my nickels worth, dont shoot the messenger

Dan
Old 07-01-2002, 07:11 PM
Registered

I dont think Bruce or anyone else having difficulties is the problem here. I know we all understand that things happen that cannot be controlled by us. No one here is denying wether he is a great guy or mechanic, but the fact he has lied time and time again to his customers that have trusted him with one of there most prized possesions(there boat). Granted he made the post and tried to explain his side, but it seems his ways have not changed much after looking at recent posts. Just because someone is a knowlegable and great guy is no reason to put up with being lied to and not having a boat to use during the boating season. I feel bad for the spot Bruce is in, but i feel 10x worse for the customers who are getting a not so great deal!

Rob, my 2cents
Old 07-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thumbs down

What Rob said !!exactly what I was thinking just my 0.2 Mitch
Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Registered

MXZ800,
Well said! Medical or not, in over his head or not, the guy has lied to many of his customers that have given him significant amounts of money with little or nothing in return. It's now July 1 and many of us are still without our boats! The season in my area is usually over in mid/late September at the latest which means that we have two and 1/2 months left of our boating season. I won't have my boat for another two or three weeks which means I'm less than two months of boating in an already very short boating season. All because this guy is in over his head?? I hate to sound rude but there are no excuses good enough at this point to cover the lies and deception that he has given me and many others. Luckily for me, I haven't given the guy a dime.....have talked to a few that have given up thousands of dollars. OUCH!!!!!

But on a better outlook....the weather around here sure has been nice. It sucks knowing that you've got a boat that you pay for 12 months out of the year and might only get to use it a month or two on the weekends and maybe a weeklong vacation!!!! Hopefully everyone that has a short season like we do is able to get out and enjoy the sport that all of us talk about year-round!!!!

Sorry for rambling but I guess I'm still just a little p*ssed!

Dave
Old 07-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Registered

Kook
I have been thinking what would I do if I was in your shoes with my boat 16 hrs away.

After much thought & from experience (way to much experiience) I have had with some boat, trailer, & engine people (I said "some", I have had a few good experiences) I would take off work & go pick up boat. In going I would be worried that boat is not even in condition I expect it to be. But I am already pissed but I would be ending the problem instead of letting it go on & on, & on.

So KooK, tell your boss you will not be to work & make a road trip. Leave tonight. (just let us all know that you are leaving so we know what is going on)

Dave
Glad to hear you should be on water soon. I would not have guessed you would see water this year. Things are looking up.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bad bruce

there is absulutly no exscuse for lying to your customers like he has im sorry he may have good intentions but they sure turned bad real fast go get that boat out of there now good luck
Old 07-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if that was Daves $100 or Kooks $ 100 he gave that guy?

Oh.......and why was he at a race tearing into somrbodys motors when he cant take care of customers?

None of my bussiness really....But I get so tired of being screwed.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:56 PM
kook

I agree that Bruce is a "nice guy" - back in January he drove all the way out here, we had dinner, talked about the boat, he stayed at my place and left the next day with my boat. Our sense of humor seemed to be similar......... But being lied to just tears down any wall of trust. Sure, I lie now and again ("occiffer, I only had ONE beer" - j/k), but when the stakes are high, and someone has put their trust and faith in me, I make every effort NOT to lie - if I can't get the job done, I tell it like it is - whether personal or business. One of the good things about having a guilty conscious (sp?) I guess.

Regarding the illness - if it was THAT bad, why not come clean and just say that??? ..... Don't need to know the details, but let me know if you ain't gonna be able to get the job done, for whatever reason - I'm a man of compasion, but I expect to be treated as I treat others.

It's just a sad state of affairs. I'm more bumbed-out than pissed-off. Enough crying for now.

Quick Reply: Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.