Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 07-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Brad Perry

I've got some BATs for hire.

Old 07-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Bruce built my engine, it was about 4 months past due. I showed up to dyno the engine, but it wasn't ready. I finally got my motor about 2 weeks ago. Still don't have a dyno or build sheet. I'm still not on the water. Yet, I don't like everybody ripping on Bruce. Basically, I do not like airing dirty laundry in public as it accomplishes nothing. Am I defending him? NO. What's happening is inexcusable. But I know that despite all the bashing that when Bruce comes back to the board, he'll be as popular as ever and (other than a select few) all will be forgotten.

People's recommendations for Kook to show up and pick up his boat will have accomplished what? Yes, he will have his boat. Will it be ready for the water? No. What will need to be done? Only one person knows. Will he have a pile of drive parts? Proably. Will he have to pay somebody to put the drive back together? Yes. Will that take longer and cost more than Bruce? Yes. Will it get him on the water sooner? No. As frustrating as it is, kook is better off sticking with Bruce.

I know how frustrating it is not to be on the water. Hell, up to the time that I actually got to throttle at LOTO, I hadn't had any seat time for almost a year. My insurance company is still trying to rape me. My new boat is still rigging out. If I am lucky, it'll be done just in time to winterize it. If I had had somebody else doing the work, I would be just as mad as these guys are. It's amazing how long it takes to do this stuff. Hell, I have nearly 4 months in just the dash wiring! That's working on it 4 hours every night, and 25 hours every weekend. That's insane! If I had my dealer spending that amountt of time with nothing to show I would be furious! Building my own boat has given me a whole new appreciation for what riggers go through and the level or frustration that they must deal with. Nothing fits together properly. You never have the correct fitting, connector or wire. Stock kits require custom machining. You name it, and I have been through it.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by Mitch
I would be interested in reading what Cord has to say about this he has been around since day one and usally doesnt speak unless he is correct and is usually very accurate . Bruce is a very knowledgable man also right or wrong i am not defending Bruce but man its time to get in your truck and pick up your stuff and get on with it every body knows Bruce is going thru some **** it isnt going to do any good to beat him up daily get your **** and deal with how ever you choose just my 0.2 Mitch

Aw, shucks man!
Old 07-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by Brad Perry
I've got some BATs for hire.

Actually, you need to measure up Bruce first. He's one BIG fellow! I mean, the guy had to duck to go under my garage door! I'm 6'2" and I feel short next to him! Imagine the cartoon where the little guy is swinging away, and the big one just brings his fist down and crushes him! lol!
Old 07-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Cord,
I have to disagree on you with this one. Your term "airing dirty laundry" does accomplish many things, in particular, it gives other people on this board information on how Bruce does business. He's told many lies and if that's the case, I would want to know about this business practice before I made the decision to do business with him rather than after the fact. I don't think ANYONE has bashed Bruce at all to be completely honest. Read my post and Kook's post and there is no bashing at all. It's a factual account of our situations in the past 6-7 months. Everyone agrees that Bruce is a nice guy and is very knowledgeable in the high performance boating world. But the lies and deception taking place are not the things that I would recommend for good business practice or in everyday life!

As for Kook showing up and getting his boat, yes it does accomplish something...he will have it in his possesion and be able to take it somewhere that can finish it in a timely manner. Sure, he'll have to pay for it and like you said, probably more than Bruce would charge, but at least he might make it on the water this year rather than live in the unknown timeframe that Bruce is living in to finish these projects.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but the facts are clear about the situation. Whatever is going on with Bruce, I sincerely hope he gets his life straightened out so he can try to repair some of the damage he's caused to his customers.

Sounds like quite a project doing the rigging on your own boat though. Hope your situation with the insurance company gets straightened out and you can get on the water to get your new boat broke in before the season is over!!!

Dave
Old 07-02-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Well my boats not done either!
And it is being done by someone else...can you imagine that, someone else takiing a long time to finish a job started in January.
I've got $78K into these guys and I don't feel that I should be rushing them to get it done in another week or two, three, four...etc.
It takes a lot of time to make sure it goes together right!
As for the cost of your motor...you stole it.
Also your IMCO drive...it was a wash for him.
If you don't like how your **** is going...go get it and finish it yourself or wait in line for the next guy to work out the mess you got yourself into.
Yes, I said "your" mess because you just couldn't leave the **** be...like me I had to have more.
We had perfectly fine freshly rebuilt 525SC's but NOOOO "I" needed more...MY FAULT!
Welcome to the REAL word of performance boating.
Sorry for the rant but, all this chump change whinning got to me.
Let the guy finish your boat...posting **** here won't make it any better.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you better have a lien release form available & make Bruce sign it when (if) you get your boat back. Those disputed charges can be a ***** when he files a lien at the courthouse on your boat......then we are talking court room time to straighten it out....you will lose again, no matter what the outcome. Get a release signed up front on delivery!!
Old 07-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Brad Perry

Default Sorry Cord,

I don't agree. I would be pissed if this was happening to me and members didn't share it. I think they have been as prudent and respectful as they can be under the circumstances. I did some talking to Bruce in the past and that along with his reputation on the board went a long way to trusting this person. I also don't agree that all will be forgotten. It won't until we are all dead and others roam the board. If Bruce tried in good faith to rectify these situations, there might be a possibility, but not the way he has treated these people. I'd be a damn fool to do business with him now.

I understand that you are trying to be patient and sensible, but you seem to be resigned to accepting this kind of behavior.

If he was doing this to me, and I had to go get my boat back and my bat wasn't big enough, he better be able to bounce bullets. I'm not as nice as some here ( obviously not as smart, either).

There's a moron around these parts that has the reputation of behaving like this. Rumor has it that he has to carry a shotgun with him to defend himself. That's all I have to hear. He must not be treating some people fairly.

Old 07-02-2002, 11:42 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Dave-I agree with you on nearly all of your points. I guess that if kook wants to pay somebody else to finish then the more power too him. Your situation was different in that almost no work had been done. But kook is so close, that he's proably better off just sticking it out. Just my opinion, but I'm a passafist

As to getting back on the water...I too wish you the best of luck! Besure to make the Mississppi run too! I need somebody to give me a ride!

BTW-good things come to those who wait. (Somebody please read between the lines)

Last edited by Cord; 07-02-2002 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Cord,
You are right there...kook's boat is pretty close the way it sounds. As for the money issue, I'm sure Bruce will be cheaper but time is my problem at this point with our short season. And yes, my boat wasn't touched at all so they are two different situations.

I was out on the Miss last weekend with some friends. We put in at Savannah, IL and headed north toward Dubuque...lots of water and lots of debris. Apparently lots of rain in northern WI and MN. All of the gates on the dam were completely open and I don't know if I've ever seen that before. We locked through going north but on the way back down we followed a cruiser right under the gates and over/through the dam....kind of eerie but didn't have to wait to lock through!!!!

Tell me about the Mississippi Run you are talking about? When is it? I'm sure we could find a little room to get you out!!!!

Quick Reply: Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.