Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!! >

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Notices

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
I called to talk about the boat and buy it...the ******* on the phone said the boat runs 115 with 502s, they have no idea who or when the motors were done, I said there is no way the boat runs 115 with 502s, he said " are you fn with me?" and I replied I am calling to try to buy this boat...he says find another dealer to f with...WHAT A NO GOOD *******, I hope his boss reads this and FIRES his ass today! He treated me with no respect, acted as if I was no good, and I was just simply asking questions. He got really defensive and hung up the phone cusing me for no reason! I WAS a cash buyer for the boat...after our short conversation I would not give them ten grand for it! He can shove that boat up his ass!
Yes I always Love it when a possible buyer is so much smarter than me the seller! Like why ask then.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

The speed was not the big issue I was pissed off about...it was a simple question, the guy blew up and stared calling me names for no reason what so ever! He is some piss ant salesman at a small used car lot who though he was a big shot on the phone. He knows nothing about boats and is an ass hole!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered

Starting a thread "DO NOT BUY THIS BOAT!!!" because the seller got snotty with you on the phone is a little aggressive. I was expecting you to say the boat had been underwater, or is held together by super glue, or is possessed by demons. Actually, you don't even know anything about this boat.

IMO, you should pull this thread down. The seller paid good money to advertise his boat, a**hole or not.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

We have no idea of the conversation between the two and how it went down, but as a seller you need to chill because all types are going to be calling you. If this is a professional organization that's selling the boat then for them to start throwing out the F-bombs is weak at best. They of all people should approach this professionally and just deal with it if the conversation goes south.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
I said there is no way the boat runs 115 with 502s, he said " are you fn with me?" and I replied I am calling to try to buy this boat...he says find another dealer to f with...WHAT A NO GOOD *******
So you called on the boat, called the seller(or someone the seller hired) a liar and don't understand why he got upset. Then, you start a thread titled "Don't buy this boat".

Makes sense.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Wink

The seller has the obvious effort to deal with ALL buyer inquiries in a professional manner. Actually, when a buyer raises an objection, that is a good indicator you have a serious one on the hook.

Buyers will range in A-Z personalities, talking like that to a buyer (IF that's the way the poster says he did (?) ) is outright wrong if you want to be successful in dealing with the public and taking their hard earned trust and money.

Something was said to the buyer that was way out of order, and enough to set off the reason for the thread.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Registered

hey im one of those pizz ant salesmen.and i appreciate every call i get.i apoligize for your sales guys attitude but face it everyone has a bad day.i hope you find the boat you are looking for
Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered

I like this thread
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Seems very non-professional & uneducated to me. A good salesman would have taken the doubt as a challenge to sell the boat & stated something like "I understand your uncertainty on top speed. HOWEVER, let's set up a time to take a look at the boat, if it is what you are looking for we can settle on a contract price contingent upon a satisfactory sea trial. If you are unhappy with the actual performance of the boat we can void the contract" I would think this would be a more appropriate response than something to the tune of F-off Mr.Buyer.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

ya know...after reading in this and having been in business for most of my life. there are just as many bad customers as there are bad business's. to actually take someones word here on a forum when no-one here actually heard the conversation is ridiculous. Being a business owner when a dickhead calls and acts like a dickhead they get a dickhead response. plain and simple, not taking sides just keepin it real. the fact that a thread was made about it and telling people not to buy it, kinda tells me which way im leaning...over reaction should never be the first rule of engagement. jus sayin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.