Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!! >

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Notices

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob...well said. Their is always 3 sides to every story. Yours, his and the truth. As said.....you just gave the seller 2 pages of exposure that he would not have other wise had. I am sure he will thank you.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
X2 if it's spooling 32s at 5500 or so it's a 100+ mph boat, and definitely looks to be priced right.

If it has 1.36 drives then it's a 115mph boat.
A friend of mine on the board, Seltzer, has a 30 Spectre and it has 500 EFI's that are stock that have 400 hrs on the bottom ends, heads have been redone, and it runs 112.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
who though he was a big shot on the phone.

thats much worse than thinking your a big shot on the intrewebz
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also am a small business owner and I do have a few AZZ customers - BUT in todays internet age I would NEVER EVER think about treating an AZZ customer with an AZZ response. Word gets arround just like it did here.
If they were a true salesman they would have handled it.
Steve
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
ya know...after reading in this and having been in business for most of my life. there are just as many bad customers as there are bad business's. to actually take someones word here on a forum when no-one here actually heard the conversation is ridiculous. Being a business owner when a dickhead calls and acts like a dickhead they get a dickhead response. plain and simple, not taking sides just keepin it real. the fact that a thread was made about it and telling people not to buy it, kinda tells me which way im leaning...over reaction should never be the first rule of engagement. However thermo-nuclear weapons can be an interesting opening move... jus sayin.
Just being a dickhead Rob
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Just being a dickhead Rob
Really??? LOL. Being on both sides I think Rob handled it great. Haha
Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Really??? LOL. Being on both sides I think Rob handled it great. Haha
To which Rob are you referring??
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

phragle and myself are both named Rob , I get what the other guys are saying, but if it is just me I believe the customer is only right when they are right. I refuse to be treated poorly by a client or potential client that has the "always right" mentality. There is always another way to handle objections, but one has to keep in mind that "all business isn't good business" I find that when I get a demanding client on the phone i have to pre-qualify them to be my client, meaning I have a standard of acceptability for them. I'm not going to lower my standards to appease a real douche, when I have great quality customers that appreciate me bending over backwards to accommodate them and I don't mind doing it, it's give and take in the business world and a douche client that wants to be angry and belittle me on the phone finds them-self fired.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Try working in a hospital,,,NONE of my "customers" are having a good day.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with offshoredrillin and have had enough of the demanding customers that want it all now and think they have the right to be put in front of everybody else. I had a customer send me a work schedule on saturday in the order of work to be done to get his boat back by 6-8-2012.For each day he has listed at least a weeks worth of work.I have done a lot of work on this boat ahead of others while there were delays in those projects but they are all in full press now and he has been moved back in line where he started.I brought this project in as a 30-40 hour R&R engines and clean up engine bay and it has turned into 500 hour restore. I think to many customers watch the reality programs where they build a car in a 1 hour show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.