Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   memorial day weekend boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/277353-memorial-day-weekend-boating.html)

mikebrls 05-28-2012 10:31 AM

memorial day weekend boating

so I took the family out on my new worldcat 255dc today " not a performance boat " I no " :) " to run up and down the i.c.w. here in west palmbeach and to hang out and eat lunch ,
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the ride of this smaller boat then im used to , I took family and 3 year old in the boat , no ocean running yet but today there was a lot of traffic on the icw and everyone cruising around 30 mph + , we would pass 4 or 5 boat's heading the opposite direction at a time leaving some nice 2 to 3 foot wake's and I just cruised over them like it was nothing , the funny thing the wife kept grabbing the bow rail to hold on and I said why are you doing that .
she said " force of habit from the v bottom's "
I have a whole 10 hour's on the boat now and really like it. " "great family boat . "" first cat "" I have had 6 v's in the past ", the bigger cat's must be incredible in the rough

hopefully with in the next few week's I will get the chance to run her in the ocean .

Mike

Indy 05-28-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 3696885)
so I took the family out on my new worldcat 255dc today " not a performance boat " I no " :) " to run up and down the i.c.w. here in west palmbeach and to hang out and eat lunch ,
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the ride of this smaller boat then im used to , I took family and 3 year old in the boat , no ocean running yet but today there was a lot of traffic on the icw and everyone cruising around 30 mph + , we would pass 4 or 5 boat's heading the opposite direction at a time leaving some nice 2 to 3 foot wake's and I just cruised over them like it was nothing , the funny thing the wife kept grabbing the bow rail to hold on and I said why are you doing that .
she said " force of habit from the v bottom's "
I have a whole 10 hour's on the boat now and really like it. " "great family boat . "" first cat "" I have had 6 v's in the past ", the bigger cat's must be incredible in the rough

hopefully with in the next few week's I will get the chance to run her in the ocean .

Mike

Pics please

mikebrls 05-28-2012 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3696892)
Pics please

i can't load any pic's , here is the web site with the same boat i have , except I have suzuki df175's vs the yamaha 150's

http://www.worldcat.com/site/255dc-dualconsole/

mike

lucky strike 05-28-2012 06:36 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Great Adventure was out and about today too. Great day on the water!

Raylar 05-28-2012 09:07 PM

Worldcat has probably one of the best cat hull blue water designed recrational and fishing boat around. I have a friend here on the westcoast out of San Diego and we fish his boat quite a bit in offshore waters and I can say they have a great ride in average swells and conditions. Sometimes it gets a little funny in cross swells and in big stuff sometimes it will "sneeze" when it slices into a bigger wave and when the wind is in your face you can get a pretty good shower! They will sometimes like all deep vee sponson cats slap the area between the hulls and they have pecuiliar handling differences in certain conditions like running downswell. In your fForida waters they should be great most of the time and they definitly don't beat you as bad as a small v-hull or a flatter bottom cat. Have fun with the family and enjoy!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

mikebrls 05-29-2012 07:59 AM

Ray , the boat doe's have a little bit diffent handling characteristics then the v bottom's im use to , this my first cat so it will take some time to get used to , but in the small water 2 to 3 ft, it was real nice for the family and I ,
Hope every one had safe and happy weekend :)

mike

rchevelle71 05-29-2012 10:18 AM

Looked Nice when we passed Mike, next time we'll meet up.

mikebrls 05-29-2012 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3697545)
Looked Nice when we passed Mike, next time we'll meet up.

sound's good

lucky strike 05-29-2012 03:12 PM

Sorry we missed you guys. Lets hook up next time. Would like to see the new ride Mike.

mikebrls 05-29-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike (Post 3697742)
Sorry we missed you guys. Lets hook up next time. Would like to see the new ride Mike.

sound's good maybe we can all meet up around lake boca it's the half way point for me :)
my boat is being stored just north of boynton beach blvd

mike