Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Notices

Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Old 06-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Sorry but I have to vent.

My F'n in-laws had to visit in the F'n summer and I've missed two F'n boating weekend in a F'n row. I'm sitting inside today on the nicest weekend of the F'n summer and I'm making small talk with the F'n in-laws to pass the day. I told the wife I would go boating by myself an she said that would be rude to them. But they can't go because it's too hot and they couldn't deal.

I just wan't to F'n scream. The boating season is too short as it is, and I'm F'n sitting aroung the F'n house entertaining for two weekends in ann F'n row.

Now if they were leaving me a bucket of money when they croak, that would be different, but I'm not getting crap...........

thanks for the vent
Old 06-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

They have to visit......because they don't trust you with their daughter.....
And the rule of the road is they have to make your life miserable. So suck it up and stay drunk
Old 06-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

you have two choices the way i see it

1 throw them out and go boating

2 throw them out and go boating

and in case those two dont work

3 invite every obnoxious friend over and supply them with free beer so they will entertain the inlaws

Old 06-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Banned

Just have to remember, inlaws are like seeds..........you don't really need them, but they come with the tomato!
Old 06-30-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

Visitors are like fish. After three days they start to stink up the place!
Old 06-30-2002, 02:52 PM
blackhawk

Baja232,

I am in the same situiation(kinda). My outdrive was suppose to be done over 2 weeks ago. We didn't have nice weather here until about the time it was suppose to be done. It has been at least 80* and nice everyday except for one or two for 2 weeks and bothe weekends were beautiful. Well, here I am sitting inside my air-conditioned house posting on OSO instead of boating! And I may not have it back for the 4th.

Old 06-30-2002, 03:00 PM
blackhawk

Oh yeah, and I live in Michigan. Where 80* is VERY HOT and the boating season is about 3 months! Minus 2-3 rainy weekends, a couple of weddings and a family gathering that leaves me with about 6-8 good weekends and I have missed 2 already.

Old 06-30-2002, 07:03 PM
MIdnightRider

Amen, I am not the only person who is just fed up with people doing **** in the summer to screw with my weekends. I am not doing anything with anybody other than something that includes me sitting behind the controls of my boat for the rest of the summer. A week ago I was out of town for a WEDDING, then as was in my post I had another, Fri 4-10:30(rehersal pool party ect) then saturday 3-9:30. At 9:30 I had enough, I said were leaving, there is a party at the marina, and about to have an anxiety attack. Oh my gosh, we left, but that turned into the fight of the century, all stemming " FROM WHAT A SELFISH, SELF CENTERED PERSON I AM, ALWAYS!!! " Well after an hour fight at the marina, me taking the car keys, money, and cell phone, she decided she had no choice but to lay down in the boat. AND THE BOYS AND I WENT OUT AND PARTIED TILL 3AM . This morning I said I was glad we left and I wasn't talking about it anymore, and not to even bother asking me to go to anything else that didn't involve the boat for the rest of the summer. Had make up sex, and I was on the water by 10AM. So the lesson here is, you have to know when to put your foot down boys. Midnight

Old 06-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Banned

MR, it is the other way around at my house. She pitches a fit if I plan anything other than boating! And that doesn't happen often.

Baja, look on the bright side, when you live in Florida, you don't realise how many yankee relatives you have until there is a real cold winter, then they come out of the woodworks! Good thing we can boat 12 months a year!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Registered

Marriage is a training process from day one. There are things you must win and things you can loose. I make sure boating and my summer weekends are mine. Usually give up one weekend for something, but make a big stink about it. Other than that... boating. I have all winter to continue this process cause I am working on the boat. Men are self center pigs and do what we want, when we want and how we want. If that is a problem, then see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!! Life is way to short to waste good freetime on useless events. You can go to all of them when you are 80ish. For now... Rock on!!

BT

Quick Reply: Why do F@#%@'N in-laws have to visit in the summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.