29-32' Renegade CC with TWIN 250 Suzuki's >

29-32' Renegade CC with TWIN 250 Suzuki's

Notices

29-32' Renegade CC with TWIN 250 Suzuki's

Old 06-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 29-32' Renegade CC with TWIN 250 Suzuki's

Whats the story on Renegade boats built in South Florida?
How are the 250 Suzuki's four stroke outboards? found a clean 2006 low hours, looked at Concepts also..do they compair.. Renegade says they are based from the Magnum Hull..
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

My uncle lives in Miami, he had a Renegade 32' with opti's. About a year ago he ended up trading it in on a Glasstream 360 SCX. They are a locally built boat, so I don't know there background. I know he ALOT more happy with his new boat over the renegade. Glasstream offers alot of options for $$$.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

I just bought a 32' with twin 250 zukes a few weeks ago. The previous owner neglected the boat so it's taking me awhile to bring it back up to snuff. Fit and finish are ok/adequate. Storage is decent. Ride is very good.

The zukes are strong engines but they're geared 2.29. Mine has Bravo 1 24p props and it shoots of out the hole with them. Top end is limited to around 55 with this set up though. I'm going to try some 26p and 28p to find a happy medium between hole shot, cruise and top end. The motors are very quiet and the get decent fuel economy. 4200 rpm gets me around 10gph per motor.

Another guy I know has the 29/31 with 3 blade mirage and 250 Merc EFI's. His will hit 70 on a good day but is a complete pig out of the hole.

The 32' is a jack of all trades. It will fish but it's not a Contender; It will mostly keep up with my go-fast buddies but its not a Fountain; and it will overnight ok but it's not a Searay. If you are looking for an SUV, this style is really good at it. Even some of the go-fast manufacturers are coming out with similar setups, ie Nor-Tech, Sunsation.

If you are in an area that there are few if any of these style boats, they do turn heads also.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siggie
I just bought a 32' with twin 250 zukes a few weeks ago. The previous owner neglected the boat so it's taking me awhile to bring it back up to snuff. Fit and finish are ok/adequate. Storage is decent. Ride is very good.

The zukes are strong engines but they're geared 2.29. Mine has Bravo 1 24p props and it shoots of out the hole with them. Top end is limited to around 55 with this set up though. I'm going to try some 26p and 28p to find a happy medium between hole shot, cruise and top end. The motors are very quiet and the get decent fuel economy. 4200 rpm gets me around 10gph per motor.

Another guy I know has the 29/31 with 3 blade mirage and 250 Merc EFI's. His will hit 70 on a good day but is a complete pig out of the hole.

The 32' is a jack of all trades. It will fish but it's not a Contender; It will mostly keep up with my go-fast buddies but its not a Fountain; and it will overnight ok but it's not a Searay. If you are looking for an SUV, this style is really good at it. Even some of the go-fast manufacturers are coming out with similar setups, ie Nor-Tech, Sunsation.

If you are in an area that there are few if any of these style boats, they do turn heads also.
I just spent about 90 miles on 1 a couple weeks ago out of Cape Coral area! 2 buds down there have them (1 is brand new & Pauls 2nd 1 in a few years)& another Bud up here in MI just got a brand new 1!!! all w/ twin 300 Verados, they run around 60ish & seem 2 have a real decent ride! good amenities & options!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
Whats the story on Renegade boats built in South Florida?
How are the 250 Suzuki's four stroke outboards? found a clean 2006 low hours, looked at Concepts also..do they compair.. Renegade says they are based from the Magnum Hull..
If your talking about the one at Repo boats in Key Largo it's CLEAN and the BEST people to deal with....easy and straight shooters. They have no junk at all.....Good luck
Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

I just got a 30 Concept w/ 225 Optis, so far I absolutely love the boat. I know concept puts 4 strokes on the 30 also but I cant imagine my boat with another 200 lbs or so hanging off the transom, it's hard to keep the nose down as it is. it's a very light boat and I imagine the Renegade is about the same hull. You definitely wont regret a CC, IMO outboards are the way to go in salt water.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Pete280
I just got a 30 Concept w/ 225 Optis, so far I absolutely love the boat. I know concept puts 4 strokes on the 30 also but I cant imagine my boat with another 200 lbs or so hanging off the transom, it's hard to keep the nose down as it is. it's a very light boat and I imagine the Renegade is about the same hull. You definitely wont regret a CC, IMO outboards are the way to go in salt water.
I thought 2-strokes are lighter than the 4's ???
Old 06-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
If your talking about the one at Repo boats in Key Largo it's CLEAN and the BEST people to deal with....easy and straight shooters. They have no junk at all.....Good luck
Yes that the one, been working with Chad, seems like a honest group, boat is real clean, low hours, thanks for all the input.. I will keep you posted..what brand of props work on the Suzuki's?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Looks like a nice boat for the $$, go down and take it for a ride, if you have never been, you will fall in love with running the water in key largo, we go at least twice a year, this is from a few weeks ago. That boat is perfect for running that area, small enough to launch at the keys ramps(their ramps are not that great) run through the mangroves, large enough to handle the atlantic side, and a big stereo for the holiday isle sandbar

Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered

Here is another pic from a few years ago at Holiday isle, as you can see in the background they like their center consoles in the keys. Boat on the right behind me is a 28 concept with twin merc 250EFI, the one on the left is a 32ish, cant remember the make with quad merc 250's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.