Notices

New Spectre 30

Old 07-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Miami

Chuck - MDG Performance in Maryland 410-956-5381, Dave Govatos ( owner ) best reached between 9:00 & 10:00am M-Fr.

He is a small operation with no sales commisions to be paid to salespeople. You deal directly with the owner.

Dave has a tremendous amount of experiece with Spectre. He has owned, rigged and sold numerous 30's and 36's. His clientele spans the entire east coast. Mdg performance is currently building motors for Spectre's owner personal boat.

He has extensive knowlege of what options work best on the 30 footer - from paint schemes to outdrives & tunnel tabs to throttles etc. Dave has firsthand knowledge and hundreds of test hours on these boats. He is brutally honest, friendly, dependable and knowlegeable.

it appears you must travel for a dealer, you should travel to the Best. Call Spectre, ask for the owner Jay, and question him about dave Govatos.

In the 15 years I have been boating in my area, Chesapeak bay, I have heard numerous Horror Stories about Duckys. Thjese have all been " big money " horror storys!

You have selected a great boat in the 30' Spectre. You get a lot of boat for the money. Take your time, order it the way you want it and you will not regret it.

This report has been so glowing, one would think i stand to gain from it. I do not. I am not related to nor work for anyone mentioned above. I am just an extremely satisfied customer of MDG performance who has had numerous rides in the boats during the dialing-in process.

Old 07-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chuck

I don't believe Ducky's is a dealer anymore. Check the Spectre website. Call Jay. He will take care of getting you set up.

Welcome to the team!!

Maximus
Old 07-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Proroc Marine

I'll second 36Spectre..Rolf is aces...

Old 07-02-2002, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pro-Roc

I second the second.....
Old 07-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

i 3rd pro roc marine www.proroc.com, i had motors built by them over 4 years ago still runing great, and the service is top notch, buy the new spectre from them and rolf will go to fla with you to watch your new boat being pulled from the mold. once my boat is sold im getting a 36. rolf can also arange for test rides.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:56 PM
wms

Myself, BillR and Vyper340 all bought from Ducky's. Yes they are quite friendly, but their business acumen leaves much to be desired. Save yourself the future aggravation and do business elsewhere if you can find as good a deal. (I must say, their prices almost make up for their ineptitude.)

Old 07-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Thanks for all the great responses!!!!

I just want to say thanks for all the good advice. I'm going to give Dave in Maryland a call. Glowing recomendation Miami. Thanks again!!! Ducky's did tell me about that horror story on the Pantera. He says he is out a hundred thousand and is still trying to get his money back. As for the Motion boats, I do like their 30 poker run edition with 1/4 canopies but the price is considerably more than I can get the Spectre for. Thanks again everyone for the responses!!!

P.S. Anyone thats on Lake George this weekend or even today thru Sunday look for the red checkered Eliminator and introduce yourself.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Registered

Chuck,
Give Jim Agles a call too, he is in Cape Coral Florida and is an ex-racer. Tell him you want the Ben Hedrick "Super Deal"... Doh, maybe not... Here is is info.

Agles Marine
Cape Coral, FL
Voice (941) 691-5225
Fax (941) 242-2002
www.capecoralhome.com

Good luck and Spectre's are amazing boats.

Ben