Suggestions for Flat Panel TV Soundbars >

Suggestions for Flat Panel TV Soundbars

Notices

Suggestions for Flat Panel TV Soundbars

Old 06-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Suggestions for Flat Panel TV Soundbars

Pretty crappy outside so I'll call this a somewhat boating related question.

Recently purchased a 60" plasma TV and have just started looking at the assortment of available sound-bar/wireless sub packages that are available. This isn't a high end theater room so I am just looking for the most bang for the buck and there are too many choices.

What brands or models would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased an lg with the wireless sub it absolutely rocks out and sounds great.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

Personally I hate soundbars, don't like the sound. If you have a receiver in the room, look at a set of Orb Audio speakers, they are small but produce great sound after they break in(i left mine on for a day while i was working and the difference when i got home was amazing). A full 5.1 setup will run around $1100, around $1400 for 7.1. Owners are great to work with and normally answer the phone themselves, several sweet looking finishes to choose from, American made, only available through them so no middle man. I was very leery buying anything I haven't heard, but after talking to the owners for a 1/2 hr I took the plunge and have never regretted it. Probably best in a room no larger than 20x20, perfect for my mancave! www.orbaudio.com.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

I have the 3 speaker surround sound from Bose. You can't go wrong with that brand. I think I spent 600-700 but it sounds like I have more speakers and the Sub has a built in amp that's loud enough for me. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_018CINI...h=bose+speaker
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Orb Audio- looks pretty interesting thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally i would go full receiver system next time around.
Mine is currently to old for the tech now so I went sound bar.

I have a 42 Toshiba upstairs and the Wife bought me a Sony sound bar a couple years ago for my birthday, LOVE IT! Only down fall is the added HDMI cables to control everything.
However, after the down stairs tv upgrade we bought an LG package with an LG sound bar, wireless system. ONLY reason I went with it was to save on the added HDMI's needed for the Sony. What a mistake that was! The LG does no sync with the TV, so we have to use a seperate remote for sound bar. As well as the TV does not shut the sound off when the bar is powered up. Unlike the Sony/Toshiba upstairs I have cable and blue ray through it and the sound is unmistakably better then the LG.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Registered

Thats odd about syncing I was able to control my soundbar volume with my directv remote and It works great.

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
Personally i would go full receiver system next time around.
Mine is currently to old for the tech now so I went sound bar.

I have a 42 Toshiba upstairs and the Wife bought me a Sony sound bar a couple years ago for my birthday, LOVE IT! Only down fall is the added HDMI cables to control everything.
However, after the down stairs tv upgrade we bought an LG package with an LG sound bar, wireless system. ONLY reason I went with it was to save on the added HDMI's needed for the Sony. What a mistake that was! The LG does no sync with the TV, so we have to use a seperate remote for sound bar. As well as the TV does not shut the sound off when the bar is powered up. Unlike the Sony/Toshiba upstairs I have cable and blue ray through it and the sound is unmistakably better then the LG.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

If I allready have surround sound 5.1 can You add a sound bar an maybe just remove the center speaker ??? Hope this is not a stupid question. Have a 5.1 at the house on the river an the house down the street. Artie
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMC69
Thats odd about syncing I was able to control my soundbar volume with my directv remote and It works great.
That very well could be. My Cable remote controls the TV just fine.

To clarify, my LG TV remote will not control the LG sound bar.
And the TV will not switch to sound bar automatically like my Toshiba will. Meaning if I turn the Sony sound bar off, the tv speakers turn on. And vica versa. Easy control of the sound with the tv or calbe remote.

I literally have to turn the volume down on the TV, and then turn on the sound bar and use that remote for volume and the cable remote for everything else