F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!!  Why? >

F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!! Why?

Notices

F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!! Why?

Old 07-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!! Why?

Here's the situation: I have a 1996 26' Scarab that I bought used from the first owner in August of last year.

On the side of the boat there are some white plastic covers that go over the blower intake holes.

Yesterday at the lake on of these accidentally got broken off. It had a small crack in it already so I knew it was just a matter of time before it went.

Called two local Wellcraft dealers first thing Monday AM with the parts I needed. Left them all info and was told they would call Wellcraft and return my call. By the way, I wanted to overnight this part so I could have it before the Holiday weekend. This hole is VERY ugly to look at. Anyway, the day goes by and no call. I actually got ahold of one dealer at 7 pm this evening. Asked him if he found out anything. He said "nope, haven't heard back from them yet". I said I needed the part by Wednesday or else. He just laughed and said " They probably won't even call back until after the 4th of July". I told him my dilemma and he said "Oh well".

Is this standard practice for Wellcraft? Is it standard for any builder? If this is what I can expect for future service from this company? I highly doubt I see myself buying another craft from them if this is the case.

Ideas anyone?

Buck

I'm pretty pissed right now.

Last edited by buck183; 07-01-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Buck, sorry to hear of the pains, but what is the measurement of the vents? I have leftovers from my Sonic, the long skinny ones are a common size, 17x3 or something. EddieMarine has a bunch of vents in stick, billet, PC, and the like. Maybe someone else can help, and you can upgrade at the same time.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Registered

Sydwayz,

Thank you for your compassion. The pieces I need are very unique to my boat. I imagine it's Wellcraft only in this situation.

Here's a link to a boat like mine that you can look at and see what I'm talking about.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/0/27684510.htm

Look right behind the top stripe on the boat. You will see an odd shaped plasted peice. That's what I need.

26scarab know what I'm talking about.

Help!

Buck
Old 07-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Buck, I agree skydwayz, I would grab a couple of those billet ones by eddie marine, they are sweet. Come in all kinds of anodyzed colors...you can get a set to match your boat. I've actually been meaning to get some for my boat, but the whole engine thing's kinda been taking up most of my attention

Tank
Old 07-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!! Why?

Originally posted by buck183
Here's the situation: I have a 1996 26' Scarab that I bought used from the first owner in August of last year.

On the side of the boat there are some white plastic covers that go over the blower intake holes.

Yesterday at the lake on of these accidentally got broken off. It had a small crack in it already so I knew it was just a matter of time before it went.

Called two local Wellcraft dealers first thing Monday AM with the parts I needed. Left them all info and was told they would call Wellcraft and return my call. By the way, I wanted to overnight this part so I could have it before the Holiday weekend. This hole is VERY ugly to look at. Anyway, the day goes by and no call. I actually got ahold of one dealer at 7 pm this evening. Asked him if he found out anything. He said "nope, haven't heard back from them yet". I said I needed the part by Wednesday or else. He just laughed and said " They probably won't even call back until after the 4th of July". I told him my dilemma and he said "Oh well".

Is this standard practice for Wellcraft? Is it standard for any builder? If this is what I can expect for future service from this company? I highly doubt I see myself buying another craft from them if this is the case.

Ideas anyone?

Buck

I'm pretty pissed right now.
Don't feel bad, It's just the way manufactures and dealers treat people anymore. No different in Arkansas than in Michigan I haven't found a decent one yet. Case in point.. I made a deal to trade in a PWC (no bashing please) Saturday at a dealer about 3 hours away. The deal was for me to bring the title Monday and pick up the new toy. I called him this morning and left a messege with his Sec that I was on my way and asked her to have him to call me on my cell. No call but when I got there he informed me that he sold it. Thanks for letting me know you got a better deal and didn't have the balls to call me before I wasted a day and at least six hours on the road. I look at it like this (with all my toys). I break it down to wants and needs. I WANT the toys, but not as much as they NEED me to want the toys. The PWC's aren't NEEDs for me, Boats aren't NEEDs for me, Sleds aren't NEEDs for me, but one day the economy will be in a way where dealers will be begging us for our business, because they really do NEED us! Well...SCREW THEM!

Venting
Old 07-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

tank,

I'll take a look at those. I'm not really sure if they'll work though. The area under these covers are REALLY hidious looking! Looks pretty primitive IMO.

Playn,

You're right about them needing us. Sorry to hear about your PWC deal that went sour. Just tell everyone you know how he treated you. You won't get any flack from me about PWC. I have ridden and raced them for over 12 years now. It's another hobby I quite enjoy. (The racing part of it anyway)

Buck
Old 07-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Buck,
I checked out the photo of that boat, and I think you are right, that is going to be a Wellcraft part.
You may end up going with some white 100mph tape for this weekend.

Speedoc, from OSO makes custom fiberglass vents. He may can make you some better ones than stock, with colors in the gell even. I bet he can even make a template from your old busted one. I have seen his parts, and they are sharp. Try to get a hold of him. Great guy.
Good Luck.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:54 AM
xtremeracingf1

You can call Wellcraft yourself if you want and see if the part is avialible.I'm not sure if they stock it but you could ask and if not order it. You can contact Mike in the parts dept. at 1800 755 1099 ext. 547. He should be able to help you or point you in the right direction...

Old 07-02-2002, 06:46 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Extremeracingf1 hit it right on the head. Who knows how motivated the dealer is to get the part. They could probably care less. Call the factory direct and you'll probably get an answer quicker.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buck183...

Just to let you know I have been through the same thing previously, however, it turned out through several instances
and several dealers that the problem was the dealer... Wellcraft, when I spoke directly to them has been most helpful and timely relative to the parts which I needed... Possibly the dealers are more worried about hitting the home run on a boat sale rather than the minimal margin they make on special order parts...
Extremeracingf1 posted the number and I think that if they have
it in stock you may still be able to receive it via UPS or Fedex...
Good luck and have a happy 4th...

Tnx, Karl

Quick Reply: F*#%*%$g Wellcraft!!!!!! Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.