Notices

Cat driving at night

Old 07-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat driving at night

I have driven my cat at night and it sucks. Does anyone have any tips on nite driving. Keeping the boat on plane when you cant see 100 ft in front of you sucks. Last year, we watched the fireworks and then drove home. Because we had to go SO slow, and had so much drag, we ran out of gas!! Normally, we would have had plenty of gas. Later Joe
Old 07-02-2002, 05:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

If you only drive at night occasionally, make sure you use a chart so you know where the markers are and get a 300,000 candle power hand held spot light that plugs into the cig lighter.

If you plan to travel at night often, invest in one of those cool chart plotters. They are cheap and when you go to the fireworks, or anywhere else, it will draw a line on the chart. Hit the return button and follow the line home. Of course you still need a foward look out. But someone holding the light and watching plus following the line that you know is safe to travel should allow you to run on plane with confidence at night.

Also, turn off or cover with black tape any nav lights that throw white light into the cabin. Just cover the part of the light you need to block out. Not the entire light.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:26 PM
packinair

I drive at night in my cat every weekend, my best advice is 3 hail marys and hammer down

Old 07-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Registered

I use my map and gps or else I'd be F--ed. I'm not smart enough to set way points in the gps. They have these stupid fishing nets in the middle of the Chesapeake bay. They light up, but you cant see them untill you are right up on them!!! Stupid fisherman. Later Joe
Old 07-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

batboatracer............read the book on the GPS....once you get the hang of waypoints.....it's tits. Just pick you waypoint and follow the arrow. Took me awhile to finger it out.............but it is nice. Especially on new water.........you find your way to a place......Waypoint it and returning is slick......after few times yu don't even need a GPS. I always "waypoint" the poker run stops......I don't know the lay of the land or water like the natives.....it makes it easier when your first to the next stop. I have pasted up to many turns and stops in the past

PS....make the wife stand up with the light......the bugs go for that....the driver can't put up with bugs while driving