Notices

Raft Up Rules

Old 07-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pontoon boats allowed. The're like a can opener on a plastic boat. Line up the transoms for easy movement from boat to boat. Cross at the back, not the bow. Fat fenders.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Fred-last year we were rafted in Fond Du Lac for the poker run. When I came back from lunch I saw this huge fat guy clumsily walking across the boats. By the time I go to the end of the pier the damage was done. He had walked across 3 boats (including mine) with one leg on the sun deck and another on the seats. Like I said he was clumsy. Anyways, just before he got in the boats, he walked through a puddle and tracked the mud right through the boats. All I could do was stand there and look at the mess. It was so bad that another guy why was rafted behind me came up and help me clean up. Just wondering if it was the same schmuck.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I once had an idiot walk across my BRAND NEW sun deck vinyl with a piar of those nice steel tipped cowboy boots....you know the ones....nice pointy heels too. I told him to take his boots off or get the hell off my boat. He tried to argue that he wasn't hurting anything. Well, he's standing pretty high, I'm in the cockpit....didn't take much effort at all to get him into the drink. He was pretty pissed too. But, he didn't try to get out of the water on MY boat. Bet them was expensive boots....but not nearly as expensive as my new vinyl. This was 7 years ago, and I'd do it again, even though I've grown up some since then.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I keep 6 fenders on the Formula (2 for the locks) plus 2 sets of jetski holdoffs (rope thru the middle of 4' long sections of pool weenies with some pvc to keep it stiff). I've got (6) 15' lines and (2) 25' lines. I've got a 150' line for towing or anchoring. I've got a 20# vinyl coated anchor and a 10# fluke. I've got 6 towels just for traffic wipe-up.

On the cruiser, I'm stocked with enough stuff to make the Formula look ill-equipped...