Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Update on Doug's progress in Seattle from Leeanne Lewis (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27902-update-dougs-progress-seattle-leeanne-lewis.html)

SunseekerNY 07-02-2002 05:35 PM

Update on Doug's progress in Seattle from Leeanne Lewis

Dear Friends:

Leeanne has asked that www.PowerboatingCharities.com be used to keep everyone abreast of Doug's progress with his bone marrow transplant. She just sent me an e-mail, and I have updated the web site with that information.

I would also like to take this opportunity to note that the OPA, Offshore Performance Association and it's racers have donated in excess of $10,000 to the Friends of Doug Lewis Charity.

Michelle May-Schmidt is also working very hard to put together a fund raiser for Doug at the APBA Corpus Christie race. Please support her endeavor with donations of merchandise for a raffel.

All of this information and more can be found at www.PowerboatingCharities.com

"Drop a pebble in the water......."

My best regards and sincerest thank you to all,
Jennifer

shifter 07-02-2002 11:56 PM

Thanks for the update. I am suprised that he is not doing the operation himself. Do they have an idea when he might go home?
Thanks again.
pat W

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-03-2002 05:03 AM

SHIFTER, It depends on alot of things. The earliest would be 4 months or it could be as long as 9 months...:(

Thanks Jen!

T2x 07-03-2002 09:47 AM

Shifter:

Your comment on Doug doing the operation himself brought a smile......and is very fitting. The guy is a stallion....no fear, no eye blinks, just fundamental straight ahead action in the face of anything. While this is a serious challenge, Doug has taken full control of every aspect of his care, educated himself and the rest of us on the intricacies of his disease, and kept a positive and realistic outlook without emotionalism or fanfare. We can all learn from his example.

Let me repeat, that those of you who have chosen to help out are doing a service to yourselves as well as Doug. By backing a winner, you are assuring that every logical step will be taken in this battle for his sake and for many others with Multiple Myeloma. Couple that to the simple fact Doug is a good and decent man with a wonderful, loyal gal at his side, and you can sleep well knowing you've done the right thing.

On behalf of the Doug Lewis Team, please accept our warmest appreciation for your time, your talents and your treasures.

Remember, (borrowing a phrase from a movie) the love you give comes back to you as the love you get.

God Bless you and have a wonderful Fourth of July.

T2x

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-04-2002 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well put T2x! :cool: